closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 5793

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

As I understand it, it’s now up to Kane. Let’s see whether he’s a total melt and stays or has some ambition to challenge for the ECL with one of Europe’s top clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    As I understand it, it’s now up to Kane. Let’s see whether he’s a total melt and stays or has some ambition to challenge for the ECL with one of Europe’s top clubs.
    The posters above already said he wouldn't join Arsenal.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty and it certainly doesn't make you a "melt".

Loyal players become legends, at West Ham we have Bobby Moore, Sir Trevor Brooking, and Billy Bonds (amongst others) and they have stands named after them.

Not all players are mercenaries.

Kane is probably earning enough money he is loved at Tottenham and on his way to being a legend. He is 30 now so getting on for a forward. Perhaps he just wants to bask in the love of the Spurs faithful? And who could blame him?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I saw an incredible fact today.

Phil Foden (12) has personally won more major trophies than Newcastle in their history (11) and Foden is only 23 years old.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If Kane goes we'll be celebrating St Totteringham's day in early march this year!

Great stat. There’ll also be probably 60 or 70 other professional clubs that applies to.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Phil Foden (12) has personally won more major trophies than Newcastle in their history (11) and Foden is only 23 years old.

Great stat. There’ll also be probably 60 or 70 other professional clubs that applies to.
    I guess they were just referring to the so called "big clubs" who spend most of their lives in the top division.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If Kane goes we'll be celebrating St Totteringham's day in early march this year!
    They often played quite well without him, and without the the target might share out the goals. It seems a shame that a guy who's tried to be loyal has never had the team around him to get the silverware he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Wasn’t there a similar stat when Ashley Cole was a pundit for the BBC at an FA Cup match. They showed a league table of who has won it the most and Ashley was about 5th or 6th on the list on his own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Spurs have agreed a fee for Kane, let’s see what’s next.

I think deep down Ange is glad he’s going so he can hopefully get some funds and a replacement and start moulding that team and style in his own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’t think any manager would be happy losing guaranteed goals but he will certainly want the uncertainty to end

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Don’t think any manager would be happy losing guaranteed goals but he will certainly want the uncertainty to end
    They've dragged it on for so long though, very little time to get replacements in and integrated.

I’d replace Kane with Toney even considering he won’t play until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Blog Entries
    I’d replace Kane with Toney even considering he won’t play until January.
    What are the odds?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    What are the odds?

Not disrespect to Bayern Munich but I just don't see the "fit" for Kane on a personal level, aside from it being a way to get out of Spurs now and not have to wait another year. If it was a top Spanish or Italian team I could maybe see the lure for him/his family but not for a German one.....can't really explain why but it's just a feeling I have.

Given the choice I think he'd want to stay in the Premier League every time but Levy has shut that door and, I suspect, all the leading UK teams are fed up with having to deal with him (Levy) so they just choose not to.......leaving Bayern Munich the only bidders left. Plus Levy "probably" kept his PL fee for Kane at £100m which is nuts at his age/with 1 year left until a free transfer option......

And I strongly suspect that Joe Lewis (who needs the money for a few upcoming court cases for example!!) has finally told Levy to get off the pot and sell Kane or risk "losing" the £86m fee he attracts now or he leaves for a free in 9/10 months time. The other day it was widely reported that Levy turned down £86m and then went off to the US on holiday leaving the Bayern Munich negotiation team in London.......so what has changed in the last few days for a deal to now work?? No more money it would appear so that's why I reckon Levy has been told to just get on with it.

Just my thoughts but interested to hear another take.

(I am 50/50 that Kane will actually leave now......he could get a juicy 1 year deal with Spurs and with a cast iron break to join another PL team in late spring '24 - "maybe")
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 10th August 2023 at 15:30. Reason: typo

Spurs isn’t Kane’s boyhood club so that can’t be a pull. He might end up being the EPL’s top scorer but he might not. Even if he does, it’s just until the next person breaks it. At that point his legacy would be not the top scorer, no club honours and no international honours. Surely once you don’t need any more money it becomes about trophies to look back on?

Craftsman
    Harry Kane is staying then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    I reckon so due to Family 3 young children and another due any time now having a new house built in Wentworth great for golf andChelsea training ground will get a great wage packet and can leave and stay in the PL next season not forgetting possibly becoming the leagues top goal scorer.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Yeah I reckon a big PL club has been in his ear. Free transfer, £500k a week, job done. Just wait a year.

Levy looking like a mug for procrastinating.

#spursy

Emi Buendia is probably out for most if not all of the season. If you don't know who he is, he scored two in a 3-3 draw between Villa and Newcastle last month: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66287284 and has come alive under Emery.
    "A man of little significance"

Plenty of noise on twitter that an unnamed club has offered Kane a much better deal if he waits a year and joins on a free. That club is a PL team based in London based on the tweets (which in all likelihood are based on hot air to be fair). But if true, with the greatest of respect to Palace, Brentford, Fulham and West Ham could only be Chelsea or Arsenal. Most likely Chelsea based on the history between Spurs and Arsenal.

Plenty of noise on twitter that an unnamed club has offered Kane a much better deal if he waits a year and joins on a free. That club is a PL team based in London based on the tweets (which in all likelihood are based on hot air to be fair). But if true, with the greatest of respect to Palace, Brentford, Fulham and West Ham could only be Chelsea or Arsenal. Most likely Chelsea based on the history between Spurs and Arsenal.
    Yeah because Spurs and Chelsea have such a long close warm loving relationship

Blog Entries
    It’s Luton.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 10th August 2023 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Yeah because Spurs and Chelsea have such a long close warm loving relationship
    Indeed. The rivalry with Chelsea (and WHU, for that matter) is far, far more toxic that that with Arsenal.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Indeed. The rivalry with Chelsea (and WHU, for that matter) is far, far more toxic that that with Arsenal.

Really Tony?!?

What makes you say that please?

Master
    Really Tony?!?

Don't forget just before Kick off at Stamford bridge every home game what do the Chelsea fans chant ' WE HATE TOTTENHAM'...

Really Tony?!?

I’ve been going to the matches for five decades, and also know plenty of Chelsea and West Ham fans. It’s a genuine hatred.

I wish he’d hurry up and go…… we have to break our duck at the Tottenham Stadium

All joking aside, it’s what Harry feels is most important to him. He’d walk into any team in the world and the fact that he’s scored as many as he has at Spurs speaks volumes. Where he in the City squad of the last 10 years he’d probably have broken Shearer’s PL record.
    You’d have to think with Poch at Chelsea it could be very tempting for him to leave on a free next season.

If I’m Kane I’m going to Bayern for two years, winning the league and a couple of cups, maybe the Champions League then back to Spurs to become the hero by getting them back into the Premier League.

Good chance of a Hibernian vs Villa Europa League play off tie

I’ve been going to the matches for five decades, and also know plenty of Chelsea and West Ham fans. It’s a genuine hatred.
    Fair do’s then.

I genuinely thought that nothing would compete with the Tottenham vs. Arsenal deep rooted rivalry.

I’m a life long West Ham fan and am completely agnostic on Chelsea…

Premier League 2023-24

Agree with LTF. Arsenal may be the nearest* and oldest rivals, but there is a greater degree of antipathy between Spurs and Chelsea fans.
    Strangely (at least for a Spurs fan) if you ask fans of Arsenal, Chelsea or West Han who they most like to see lose, all usually say Spurs :shrug:

*since moving from Woolwich

Kane is doing medical at Bayern. The hesitation wasn't from Kane, it was his family members who wanted a more lucrative cut of the financials. Kane will be off to Germany.

Kane is doing medical at Bayern. The hesitation wasn't from Kane, it was his family members who wanted a more lucrative cut of the financials. Kane will be off to Germany.
    Not a single mention of that on NewsNow. What’s your source, Ryan?
    Last edited by learningtofly; 10th August 2023 at 23:29.

Not a single mention of that on NewNow. What’s your source, Ryan?
    Bild.de are reporting it as well as Fabrizio Romano. He will officially sign on Saturday.

Some rumours also going around that Richarlison has picked up an injury.

Edit now David Ornstein also reporting Kane has agreed the deal with Bayern. Will fly out to do the medical tomorrow.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 10th August 2023 at 23:48.

Reports that offer agreed between Liverpool and Brighton for Caicedo. Deal worth up to 110m?
    I'd say that completes a very strong midfield. (Caicedo is massively overpriced, obviously.)
    Last edited by learningtofly; 11th August 2023 at 07:56.

Master
    Happy with getting caicedo in but like the Declan Rice fee it’s ridiculous, will have to wait to see what the actual fee is and what’s add on’s.

Liverpool need another centre half and it’s a great transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Happy with getting caicedo in but like the Declan Rice fee it’s ridiculous, will have to wait to see what the actual fee is and what’s add on’s.

Liverpool need another centre half and it’s a great transfer window.

Apparently you may be going for Tapsoba, which would be a brilliant signing. Up of £50m, though.

Reports that offer agreed between Liverpool and Brighton for Caicedo. Deal worth up to 110m?
    Am I to assume that Klopp will be leaving now then after his previous comments about never buying 100 m+ players ?

That’s completely nuts……and they wouldn’t pay that for Bellingham?!

Question

Bild.de are reporting it as well as Fabrizio Romano. He will officially sign on Saturday.

Some rumours also going around that Richarlison has picked up an injury.

Edit now David Ornstein also reporting Kane has agreed the deal with Bayern. Will fly out to do the medical tomorrow.
    So Kane isn’t playing Sunday against Brentford now?

Wow if true that makes a massive impact to Liverpool's midfield which was a weak point for them. If they complete the Caicedo deal and he integrates well into the side they can challenge for sure.

Kane is the perfect signing for Bayern. With him up front I feel they have a great chance of winning the Bundesliga.....

Gobsmacked that Liverpool will pay that for Caicedo, surely Bellingham was the better buy?

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

That’s completely nuts……and they wouldn’t pay that for Bellingham?!
    Agreed - Maybe there is different pay scripture and wage bill though. Hard to tell with light comparing the full details. Plus the money for Henderson and Fab wasn’t expected.

Also 10 mill offer for Thiago from Saudi
    Last edited by Middo; 11th August 2023 at 15:07.

I wonder when Brighton will start struggling, it happened to Southampton, consistently selling their best players catches up with you and they will struggle to replace some of the names that have left.

Gobsmacked that Liverpool will pay that for Caicedo, surely Bellingham was the better buy?
    Agreed. But just maybe the entitled scousers just weren’t the club Bellingham wanted to join. I know that will shock them

The Caicedo buy is a panicked reaction to Klopp throwing his toys out of the pram.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Bellingham made it clear he wanted to go to Madrid

Talksport saying Spurs have told Kane not to travel to Munich, rumours about trying to negotiate the deal?