closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 5829

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Blog Entries
    Something that gets right up i bugle Eddie Howe having a drink of water finishes and just drops the bottle on the floor what’s the message to kids ? you finished let someone else clean up
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

What? Isn’t it just his bottle and when he wants another drink he’ll pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Something that gets right up i bugle Eddie Howe having a drink of water finishes and just drops the bottle on the floor what’s the message to kids ? you finished let someone else clean up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    What? Isn’t it just his bottle and when he wants another drink he’ll pick it up.
    Yeah right and he walks on water sorry mate just gives the wrong message

I think you’re picking holes in him for the sake of it.

There’s an awful lot wrong in football in terms of player and manager behaviour but you’ve really found another level to complain at there. Jeez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonali has been the best player on the park today - he looks a superb buy

Master
    This young lad Harvey Barnes looks like a player

German Supercup on Sky at 7.45 tonight. Kane is on the bench. Definitely watching this. Wish him all the best at Bayern and glad he won't get his customary NLD goal against Arsenal!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    This young lad Harvey Barnes looks like a player
    Barnes already a much better version of Almiron.

I'll repeat it again Tonali will be a superstar. I thought I was watching Pirlo out there at times, how he dictates the tempo. I'd swap Saka for him today, genuinely.

I see it every Sunday morning over the playing fields and after matches the kids simply walk away leaving coaches or parents to clean up (sometimes none of the above). Along with writhing around and lying in an effort to sway the referee, it is all learned from watching professional football.

Not aimed at Eddie Howe - he's just one of many.

A lot of people tipping Villa as dark horses, not after that performance!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

And Bayern 1-0 down in no time at all!

Master
    If only Bayern had a decent striker to bring on at half time

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    If only Bayern had a decent striker to bring on at half time
    Honestly Bayern are 2-0 down but have missed a host of absolute sitters and the lad Mathys Tel up front is a waste of space.

If tonight is representative of the number of chances Bayern will create in each match then Kane will score a zillion goals this season.

Harry is warming up!!

Be funny if he didn’t get his medal. Mutley will have to wait. Should have gone to Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Be funny if he didn’t get his medal. Mutley will have to wait. Should have gone to Celtic
    Looks like the headlines are going to have to wait a while longer

It's good of Bayern to help Kane feel at home by defending like Tottenham.

I wonder what the odds are of Spurs going on to win the treble while Bayern face a relegation battle?

#bayerny

OMG that is so Spursy 🤣🤣🤣

Liverpool down in 11th. What a bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    It's good of Bayern to help Kane feel at home by defending like Arsenal March to May ‘23 when they folded like a wet tent at Glasontbury in a force 9 gale

EFA once again

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

Villa let in three goals against Newcastle in pre-season with that remarkably high defensive line and the offside rules have changed to not favour it. Mings' injury, three other first team players out, really poor performances from three or four players, some really weird position rotation (Cash from RB to RW when we had a right-sided winger on the bench, I think Konsa moved from CB to RB to DM, McGinn started on left wing and ended up on the right, Tielemans on left wing and by then I'd lost track) and a rampant Newcastle with a lot of attacking pace. It's nice to get our annual drubbing out of the way right at the start of the season but the window ain't closed yet and Emery isn't going to let that happen again. I hope. Maybe against Everton he could pop Coutinho in goal for 15 minutes or maybe have a rush goalie for a bit.
    "A man of little significance"

Poor old Harry, but not forgetting this game was the German Community Shild, so like signing for Man City really, lose this shit season non event and win everything else - except the CL in Bayern’s case.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Villa let in three goals against Newcastle in pre-season with that remarkably high defensive line and the offside rules have changed to not favour it. Mings' injury, three other first team players out, really poor performances from three or four players, some really weird position rotation (Cash from RB to RW when we had a right-sided winger on the bench, I think Konsa moved from CB to RB to DM, McGinn started on left wing and ended up on the right, Tielemans on left wing and by then I'd lost track) and a rampant Newcastle with a lot of attacking pace. It's nice to get our annual drubbing out of the way right at the start of the season but the window ain't closed yet and Emery isn't going to let that happen again. I hope. Maybe against Everton he could pop Coutinho in goal for 15 minutes or maybe have a rush goalie for a bit.
    It has to be said that Torres is a substantial step up from Mings and looked so from the minute he came onto the pitch. (IMO, obvs.)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Surely both Bellingham and Caicedo won't both spurn Liverpool? It's unthinkable!
    Oops - better add Lavia to the list as he's seemingly chosen Chelsea.

What's changed, Liverpool fans... no CL football? Klopp lost his pulling power?

Oops - better add Lavia to the list as he's seemingly chosen Chelsea.

What's changed, Liverpool fans... no CL football? Klopp lost his pulling power?
    Probably just Chelsea willing to pony up higher salaries

Probably more of a London thing vs Liverpool. An easy choice for young players who don’t know any better.

I imagine Poch is a good draw as well with his tenure at current club likely to be longer than Klopp?

Who knows with Chelsea though!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Probably more of a London thing vs Liverpool. An easy choice for young players who don’t know any better.

I imagine Poch is a good draw as well with his tenure at current club likely to be longer than Klopp?

Probably a mixture of things. Couple of familiar ex-Brighton team mates. Plus, when you think he's only 21, in his lifetime, Chelsea have seen more major trophies so to him, they've been more prominent.

Master

And a lot of people saying that Newcastle had little chance of contending for top four this season - well if they play like that at home, few teams will look forward to going there, that was a really decent performance, lots of positives, especially Isaak, Barnes and Tonali

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post

Klopp, similar to Pep is there as long as he wants to be. Both will decide when they walk away. Chelsea are more likely to swing the axe if they are unhappy with performances and league table positions etc.

It has to be said that Torres is a substantial step up from Mings and looked so from the minute he came onto the pitch. (IMO, obvs.)
    Well, we're going to find out, unfortunately. I'm a big fan of Mings and it was going to be interesting seeing how that developed, now we just won't know. Carlos was supposed to replace Konsa for last season but played the first two matches and I think did he ACL and that was that, he didn't start another match. This is very much Torres' chance to cement a starting spot, very much for Mings to have to fight to get back. As always these defenders are as good as the players around them and our right side was horribly exposed to a LOT of pace we couldn't handle with such a high line. Missing our first choice left back (Moreno), left-sided midfielder (Ramsey) and left-sided winger (Buendia) certainly didn't help, but Mings is bloody good defender. I think Torres was responsible for a couple of those goalscorers yesterday being onside. Would it have been as bad a scoreline with him playing the full match? Probably! It could easily have been 7-4 but for both teams being a bit wasteful. I don't think Newcastle are going to have an easier win all season, mind.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Well, we're going to find out, unfortunately. I'm a big fan of Mings and it was going to be interesting seeing how that developed, now we just won't know. Carlos was supposed to replace Konsa for last season but played the first two matches and I think did he ACL and that was that, he didn't start another match. This is very much Torres' chance to cement a starting spot, very much for Mings to have to fight to get back. As always these defenders are as good as the players around them and our right side was horribly exposed to a LOT of pace we couldn't handle with such a high line. Missing our first choice left back (Moreno), left-sided midfielder (Ramsey) and left-sided winger (Buendia) certainly didn't help, but Mings is bloody good defender. I think Torres was responsible for a couple of those goalscorers yesterday being onside. Would it have been as bad a scoreline with him playing the full match? Probably! It could easily have been 7-4 but for both teams being a bit wasteful. I don't think Newcastle are going to have an easier win all season, mind.
    Agreed that Villa were very poor. That said, opening match of the season, injuries, etc.

Well, as a first competitive match under Ange I’d say that was full of promise. Bissouma was simply magnificent, Maddison once again showed the value he’s going to add to the team and both Van de Ven and Udogie are clearly more than equipped to make their mark at this level.

Hard game to kick the season off with, but very happy overall. Mind you, I’d like to have seen our dominance produce that winning goal.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 13th August 2023 at 17:17.

Master
    Do you still have to pay by the letter for replica shirts? If so Chukwuemeka is taking the piss

Well, as a first competitive match under Ange I’d say that was full of promise. Bissouma was simply magnificent, Maddison once again showed the value he’s going to add to the team and both Van de Ven and Udogie are clearly more than equipped to make their mark at this level.

Hard game to kick the season off with, but very happy overall. Mind you, I’d like to have seen our dominance produce that winning goal.
    Certainly we pressed a lot better and for longer and had much more possession (far too many misplaced passes last season). Front 3 AWOL most of the game. Still have same problem of not being able to break down teams who park the bus. But on the whole much more positive and I would’ve taken a draw at the start. Bissouma and Udogie stand outs for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Seems Kane could play for Bayern tomorrow against Leipzig in the German Super Cup. So technically he could win a trophy 1 day after leaving Tottenham
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    So Harry Kane can win more throphies at BM in one day than he did in all his years at Spurs
    How did that work out? Twatty thing to say really.

Just got back from Brentford away, think things under Ange look really good. This is a team that stuffed us 3-1 last game of the season. Maddison loks great and we look a far better team going forward. Just still struggle to defend.

Roll on Levy spending a few £ and United next saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    How did that work out? Twatty thing to say really.
    The quote was actually made by one Gary Lineker who did actually win something with Spurs.

I know it’s only 1 set of games but I don’t think any of the teams that played today will make a sustained title challenge. Be interesting to see how United do tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Interesting games today. Spurs pressed really well in midfield and were far more dynamic in the centre of the field thank they were last season. Bissouma looked good, Maddison was excellent. Spurs looked wobbly at the back though and Richarlison was poor. Brentford's penalty was very soft.

Liverpool will score a hatful and concede a hatful - missing a leader in midfield (although McAllister was excellent - however played out of position as he is a creater not a DM). You can see why they were after Caicedo. Not sure what Salah's strop was about or why there are Liverpool fans on Talksport demanding Klopp leaves? Unless they get Pep, who is better than Klopp?

Chelsea in transition- I reckon this will be a big year for Enzo Fernández particularly as he has a compatriot as his manager.

City and Newcastle the 2 standouts for me so far at this early stage.

Master
    Thought Chelsea looked surprisingly good and think they will be back in the top 4 this year.

But Jesus who are all their players, I had non idea who half the team was or the subs coming on.

Liverpool still looked shakey at the back, we desperately need a specialty DM before the window closes.

Another dig at us by the shark-toothed bell end gob shite Klippity Klopp. We’re living rent free in his head.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I will take a point from Sunday. Konate looked good I thought, still need back up and development in defence and midfield.

Potch looks like he has grip on the Chelsea squad

Master
    Another dig at us by the shark-toothed bell end gob shite Klippity Klopp. We’re living rent free in his head.
    What’s he said ?

You’re a Newcastle supporter aren’t you ?

Blog Entries

But Jesus who are all their players, I had non idea who half the team was or the subs coming on”

As a CFC supporter of over 60 yrs ( was at the bridge pre RA) quite honestly could not name half of our squad now but the rest shoots are there and the crazy money Caceido will only help.
    Nice work Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    What’s he said ?

You’re a Newcastle supporter aren’t you ?

Pretty sure he was joking when he said that only Newcastle would have a problem with only allowing one person in the technical area . Howe and his assistant are generally next to each other during the game .