closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 32** movement issues?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    I'm a watchmaker at an RSC and yes the 32 is a problem child.
    The only problem that has been officially addressed at this point is an oiling point and the rotor ball bearing.

There's no official word from Rolex, just service it and return to customer.

There's absolutely no indication that a 33XX movement is in the works, that's just an internet rumour.

Personally I've held off on buying anything with a 32 in it. Now that they introduced chronergy to 4131 Daytona I'm guessing they're pretty committed to it. I will probably buy a 126500 as an investment, but will never wear it, just keep my old trusty 16710 on.
    It will be interesting to see how Rolex deal with this after a 5 year warranty period have elapsed. Full service at the owners expense?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Rolex deal with this after a 5 year warranty period have elapsed. Full service at the owners expense?

I would imagine so. Very poor if this is the case.

Master
    Thought I'd bump this just to see if anyone had further reports of issues (or otherwise) with the 32xx issue. It would be good to keep the thread going as an inventory of experiences and intel.