closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Central London - Am I Being Daft?

Hybrid View

Master
    I’m going to go against the majority and say wear what you want, just keep your wits about you -especially if it’s insured.

I wear my Rolex in London all the time, nights out everything. I think you’ve got to be pretty unlucky for something to happen.

Caveat being if you’re not comfortable wearing it, then don’t. Why ruin your day out with constant worry and second guessing!

Have a good trip!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    I’m going to go against the majority and say wear what you want, just keep your wits about you -especially if it’s insured.

I wear my Rolex in London all the time, nights out everything. I think you’ve got to be pretty unlucky for something to happen.

Caveat being if you’re not comfortable wearing it, then don’t. Why ruin your day out with constant worry and second guessing!

Have a good trip!
    Thanks, my old boss is retiring so it's going to be a few scoops near Custom House. The Sub is insured but by a fluke has a serial number that's significant to me so I don't want to lose it.
    As mentioned upthread, it's sad how we normalise having to make decisions like this.
    I think I'm going to make myself completely mugger proof & dig out one of my old Boctoks...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Thanks, my old boss is retiring so it's going to be a few scoops near Custom House. The Sub is insured but by a fluke has a serial number that's significant to me so I don't want to lose it.
    As mentioned upthread, it's sad how we normalise having to make decisions like this.
    I think I'm going to make myself completely mugger proof & dig out one of my old Boctoks...
    Should be a good night.

It’s nice when that happens, my GMT has my birth year in the serial number.

If I have any doubt or don’t think an expensive watch is appropriate (usually abroad ) I just stick it on a NATO and that seems to work.