closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: James Cameron 126660

Journeyman

James Cameron 126660

Hi All,

What’s the general consensus on this model in terms of value retention going forward? Not profit, retention of value.

I’ve been given a shot at obtaining one again at what seems a reasonable figure. I made the mistake last year of letting one go quite quickly after purchase, but I keep getting drawn back to that stunning dial!

I know they are big, chunky things, but I always found to be quite comfortable if got the fit//Adjustment right on the wrist. But, do you think the bugger watches like Deepsea will tank in value given the trend for smaller case sizes?

Mike

I’d prefer the 136660 which is the current model.

Not one which will gain value, quite niche, but not a Tudor or Grand Seiko depreciation wise.

Think a £1k loss from RRP would be a worst case in current conditions.

Depends if rolex drop it from the line up.I love it, and if you fancy it go for it ,you only live once.I feel the Deep sea is a very underrated watch and will have its day.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I’d prefer the 136660 which is the current model.

Not one which will gain value, quite niche, but not a Tudor or Grand Seiko depreciation wise.

Think a £1k loss from RRP would be a worst case in current conditions.

Do you mind me asking what makes you prefer the 136660? I’ve not seen one of those in the flesh yet.

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
    Do you mind me asking what makes you prefer the 136660? I’ve not seen one of those in the flesh yet.

Thanks
    Mike
    Different glass with AR underneath, 8% bigger date window, more Ti on caseback and lack of dive ext link. Probably some minute other bits.

Here are some comparisons. The one on the left (or with the date showing 10) is the 12- ref and the one on the right (or date showing 11) is the 13-

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Different glass with AR underneath, 8% bigger date window, more Ti on caseback and lack of dive ext link. Probably some minute other bits.

Here are some comparisons. The one on the left (or with the date showing 10) is the 12- ref and the one on the right (or date showing 11) is the 13-

Thanks for the side by side photos. The difference in the date window leaps out for sure!

I have the 12 and see zero reason to buy a 13 to add or replace it. For me the differences just aren’t worth it for a moment but I respect those that think differently and voted with their wallet of course.

Losing the divers extension was a bit mean of Rolex but the clasp is still a complete work of art for adjustment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I have the 12 and see zero reason to buy a 13 to add or replace it. For me the differences just aren’t worth it for a moment but I respect those that think differently and voted with their wallet of course.

Losing the divers extension was a bit mean of Rolex but the clasp is still a complete work of art for adjustment.
    I had the diver's extension removed at RSC & replaced with 2 individual links as the diver's extension dug into my wrist. The 2 individual and articulated links were more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I had the diver's extension removed at RSC & replaced with 2 individual links as the diver's extension dug into my wrist. The 2 individual and articulated links were more comfortable.
    Fair enough. I did the same with a prior 5 digit Seadweller but it worked fine me with the 12.

You can really tell what a difference the AR coating makes on that shot with both held across your palm.
    Last edited by Manxdiver; 17th August 2023 at 11:32.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If youve been offered the 126660 at a good price and you want it, take it.
    The tweaks to the 13 arent worth going over list for.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    If youve been offered the 126660 at a good price and you want it, take it.
    The tweaks to the 13 arent worth going over list for.
    A 13 shouldnt be over list really now despite what you see advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC