closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garage build

Hybrid View

It’s looking great ,but can I just ask how often the builders are there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    It’s looking great ,but can I just ask how often the builders are there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Different people are doing different aspects of the build, they’re on a labour only rate with me supplying materials.
    They are all super busy and with the weather that we’ve been having they sometimes dive onto other jobs they have booked in.
    I’m not worried about the wait as the standard is really high.

Master
    scaffold came down at the weekend and I managed to fit the last of the rockwool between the joists and fit a bit more plasterboard, the rest will go up at the weekend, then it's ready for the plasterer.
    The exterior cedar cladding has started going on, just waiting for the stonework to be built up a bit higher on one end to run the cladding into it, ( the scaffold was in the way ).

And as if that wasn't enough to be going on with, we decided to have some more porcelain slabs laid, steps from the the patio by the house to the new area at the bottom of the garden to catch the evening sun, then I'll get on with the water feature that I've already dug out at the bottom of the steps.

Master
    Nice. I have garage envy now. My brick built single garage sitting on a cracked concrete pad is on its very last legs. Not relishing the replacement dilemmas, particularly due to the proximity to neighbour’s garages.

Master
    Latest pics, plasterers have just finished the ceiling, will hopefully get it painted next week ready for the doors to be fitted
    Both ends all clad in cedar and guttering on, downpipes are temp fitted and will be altered accordingly when driveway is done.
    After this it's time for second fix electrics inside and out.
    Was going to paint the walls as well but have decided to leave the block showing, it's all nicely pointed and with the metal conduit I think it will look nice and industrial.
    Probably just paint the floor for now and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    Probably just paint the floor for now and see how it goes.
    If you are painting the floor possibly consider rubber tiling it instead ?

I tiled a single garage for about 400 using these people - https://www.garagefloortilecompany.com/ I bought the 7mm thick, but was able to choose offers/batch ends to get the price same as 5mm.

It is very easy to lay and cut - on a larger space even qucker really as the edge cuts take the time and you would have proprtionately less of these.
    Last edited by MB2; 17th October 2023 at 12:27.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    If you are painting the floor possibly consider rubber tiling it instead ?

I tiled a single garage for about 400 using these people - https://www.garagefloortilecompany.com/ I bought the 7mm thick, but was able to choose offers/batch ends to get the price same as 5mm.

It is very easy to lay and cut - on a larger space even qucker really as the edge cuts take the time and you would have proprtionately less of these.
    I just want to paint it for now, that way at least it's sealed and I can clean it if needed, might well look at tiles later on depending what ends up living in there, lol.