closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ULEZ Camera Vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Like the thousands who served in her Army I was and will always be a soldier of the Queen.

She had our respect and loyalty without question.

We called her the Boss, a title we gave her with affection.

We served for your freedom not to have it taken away with undemocratic foolishness by our own people.

- - - Updated - - -

You find it funny that someone died?
    No, you complete stiff one. I find KS's answer amusing. You gotta understand (which you clearly don't) some of his classic one liners (which sometimes do tickle me)
    Move along....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    She’s dead.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ELD1970 View Post
    TFL call centre told me my hybrid wasn’t compliant and only fully battery powered cars were….that proves what we are dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a website you can put your reg into. I drive a 2007 Hybrib and mine was compliant?

Like the thousands who served in her Army I was and will always be a soldier of the Queen.

'The Coronation' thread in the BP is paging you.

Apparently 25% of ULEZ cameras have now been vandalised.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Apparently 25% of ULEZ cameras have now been vandalised.
    My manager lives in north London and drives a dirty diesel (soon to change). Knowing he would have to cough up for a couple of weeks whilst waiting for a new car he set up the app for auto payments etc.
    On his first day he noticed the camera had the wires cut. So far this week he’s had no charges, probably due to vandalism of the cameras.

The cost of repairs will be passed on to the taxpayer, so ultimately it is counterproductive to damage property. There are far better ways to protest.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

ULEZ Camera Vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    There are far better ways to protest.
    You are working poor in London and need you non-compliant car/van to travel to work, or do work. The cost to change is prohibitive even with the scrappage allowance. What protest do you suggest?

Sure she was pleased.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We got to reduce pollution - but when. We got to build more homes - but where?

Perhaps an acceptable compromise was one voiced by, I think, boss of London underground who advocated that Khan should have utilised a ‘soft start’ by initially charging say £3 per day and gradually increasing the rate over a period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Perhaps an acceptable compromise was one voiced by, I think, boss of London underground who advocated that Khan should have utilised a ‘soft start’ by initially charging say £3 per day and gradually increasing the rate over a period of time?
    IMO he should have helped the working class/poor a lot more. You know the people who keep London functioning. Without them, London would fall apart.

The scrappage allowance was a pittance. Wholly insufficient when the prices of used complaint cars are running at all time highs.

A Labour mayor shafting the people his party was formed to support.

Seems to be plenty of ULEZ compliant cars for sale at £1500 - £2k.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I have naturally (?) assumed that as only 10% of vehicles are affected, the majority must be Diesel vans - in which case adding £12 to a days work bill or deliveries wouldn’t be a game changer?

ULEZ Camera Vandalism

I have naturally (?) assumed that as only 10% of vehicles are affected, the majority must be Diesel vans - in which case adding £12 to a days work bill or deliveries wouldn’t be a game changer?

The 10% comes from a camera count of CAR trips. Not all vehicles and not a count of vehicles which are not ULEZ compliant.

A crude example:

10 compliant cars could make 2 trips per day 5 days per week = 100 trips.

5 non-compliant cars could make just 2 trips per week = 10 trips.

The data then can get reported as 10/110 VEHICLES are non compliant so only 9%

Whereas 5/15 CARS are non-compliant, so 33% not 9%.

I think it was the RAC, reckoned that 700,000 non-compliant cars or 850,000 non-compliant vehicles are registered to London addresses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 2nd September 2023 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    There's a website you can put your reg into. I drive a 2007 Hybrib and mine was compliant?
    I put my diesel cars reg in just out of interest - I have no intention of driving to London - which is a euro 6 diesel and it came up on their database as petrol engined?! No idea where they are getting their info but it doesn’t seem all that reliable!

And when they break down all over London it’ll be chaos!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Doesn’t matter how much a car costs, £1500 or £15k, if you don’t service it, it will break down.

Doesn’t matter how much a car costs, £1500 or £15k, if you don’t service it, it will break down.
    Absolutely - but older cars tend to be less reliable especially when you’re fishing in the cheaper end of the pond.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Out of curiosity I put in my vehicle to see if it would be liable to a charge (a 14 year old car) and it doesnt!

Any of you southern lot fancy a ULEZ compliant car I might consider selling for say......5k or above
    My 20 year old Volvo S80, 2.5litre was compliant - suspect it’s the peeps with stinky diesel’s who are not

My 20 year old Volvo S80, 2.5litre was compliant - suspect it’s the peeps with stinky diesel’s who are not
    Luckily enough I sold my turbo diesel Nissan pick up a couple of years back.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Someone just sent me a WhatsApp video this guy all masked up taunting Khan telling him we will keep cutting cables and removing Cameras faster then he can put them up, it cut to a shot of about 20 cameras piled up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    New Range Rovers are also compliant BTW - just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Someone just sent me a WhatsApp video this guy all masked up taunting Khan telling him we will keep cutting cables and removing Cameras faster then he can put them up, it cut to a shot of about 20 cameras piled up.
    Brilliant, hopefully more join him.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Brilliant, hopefully more join him.

Yeah because that is how democracy works. You vandalise and then pay for the repair.

Brilliant minds at work.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    I sympathise with Londoners who don't have the money to buy a newer ULEZ compliant car but actually I applaud the mayor for having the balls to do something so divisive because ultimately it will benefit people's health.

Sorry but think the people cutting them down are laughably short sighted. It's just gonna cost everyone (the public) more money to fix them.. because it's not like they will walk back on this.

Surely clean air is something we want to push for more of?! I don't even drive a ULEZ compliant car and have been fined in my local (Birmingham) clean air zone twice now after forgetting to pay the levy but I just accept it as necessary progress to ultimately improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Yeah because that is how democracy works. You vandalise and then pay for the repair.

Brilliant minds at work.
    Democracy would therefor be what? Do everything the democratically-installed government decides?

Like that’s working well………………………

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Democracy would therefor be what? Do everything the democratically-installed government decides?

Like that’s working well………………………
    Yes, that is literally the definition of democracy. You can vote them out after their term.

What usually happens in this country is that the elected power introduces something unpopular they didn't mention in their manifesto. The opposition objects to it to become popular at the next election. When they get in power they say they can't afford to reverse it.

Ulez has already cost Labour a very good chance in Uxbridge and may well cost them next years mayoral election too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Wannabe ''rednecks'' who've been convinced by social media platforms that they're freedom fighters who're ''sticking it to the man'', along with climate change deniers, anti-vaxers, and many who believe that ''the country is full to bursting point'', it's another media created distraction, ffs fourteen years and still falling for ''the dead cat''.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Wannabe ''rednecks'' who've been convinced by social media platforms that they're freedom fighters who're ''sticking it to the man'', along with climate change deniers, anti-vaxers, and many who believe that ''the country is full to bursting point'', it's another media created distraction, ffs fourteen years and still falling for ''the dead cat''.
    It would be interesting to see if any of the ULEZ decriers are also those who've signed up for the (many) class-action diesel emissions legal actions that are going on. I somehow feel there'll be a strong correlation.

Yes, that is literally the definition of democracy. You can vote them out after their term.
    Then that obviates the requirement for protest groups, surely?

you could vote for the local Tory MP because he suits the locale- and then disagree with Rwanda, Decimation of union rights, and all the rest - and you’d claim: “wait 4yrs and vote them out”. Ha-ha !!!!!

The world needs protest groups - probably more so in UK now.

I don’t care about the cost of the vandalism

If it’s costs money fine. So does police at the stop the oil protests and royal coronations. I wonder what the cost for the unlawful imprisonment of the republican protestors will end up costing the tax payer?

Where is prince Andrew living right now? Is he still alternating between a Bentley and a Range Rover? I wonder how he is funding his £3m annual security bill.

Ulez isn’t about air quality. If it was a 30 year old car wouldn’t be exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Then that obviates the requirement for protest groups, surely?

you could vote for the local Tory MP because he suits the locale- and then disagree with Rwanda, Decimation of union rights, and all the rest - and you’d claim: “wait 4yrs and vote them out”. Ha-ha !!!!!

The world needs protest groups - probably more so in UK now.
    Sure protests are fine, it's a right that only exists in a democracy.

But destroying things is not protest, that is criminal vandalism.

Not sure I understand your point about the different policies, sure you are not arguing that it's your way or the highway? In a democracy, you have to accept what the majority votes for.

If it’s costs money fine. So does police at the stop the oil protests and royal coronations. I wonder what the cost for the unlawful imprisonment of the republican protestors will end up costing the tax payer?

Where is prince Andrew living right now? Is he still alternating between a Bentley and a Range Rover? I wonder how he is funding his £3m annual security bill.

Whatabout whataboutism?

Whatabout whataboutism?
    Perhaps, but if the people spending public money treat it like a never ending supply and couldn’t give a shit why should we?

Perhaps, but if the people spending public money treat it like a never ending supply and couldn’t give a shit why should we?
    Because it isn't a never ending supply. It isn't difficult, is it?

I'll go along with 99.9% of this

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'll go along with 99.9% of this
    Me too.

I appreciate they needed to find some metric to differentiate certain cars from others, but where they have landed seems very very odd.

Having said that, I can't immediately think of a better/fairer way to do it... but there are many more intelligent people than me who make these decisions, who should be able to.

Strikes me odd that a Euro 4 complaint petrol ... any Euro 4 complaint petrol, even fire breathing V8/V10/V12s (which I love) from 2006 are "A-O-K" but a cooking spec Diesel made pre Q3 2015 is not. Something about that just doesn't seem right, especially when in the early 00s there was HUGE push for the UK buying Diesel cars.

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    its not democratic,it penalises the working class/poor its not improving air quality just moving it if that.

If you are rich driving a supercar you dont care and you can still pollute if you pay.

Plus all the surveys where rigged or ignored, its happening in other places in the UK.

We elect these people to "do our wishes" you can find it written down in a lot maybe even all councils codes of conduct.

We have a right of freedom of movement, I didnt give my right away no one has.

its not democratic,it penalises the working class/poor its not improving air quality just moving it if that.

If you are rich driving a supercar you dont care and you can still pollute if you pay.

Plus all the surveys where rigged or ignored, its happening in other places in the UK.

We elect these people to "do our wishes" you can find it written down in a lot maybe even all councils codes of conduct.

We have a right of freedom of movement, I didnt give my right away no one has.
    See a therapist.

Oh - must have taken a wrong turn. Thought I was in the George & Dragon...

Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion.

* though I do agree with the ULEZ in principle
    Last edited by Halitosis; 13th September 2023 at 21:13.

Asking for a friend - are coal fires, coal fired powerstations, passive smoking once again open to debate, were seatbelts, ABS brakes, laminated windscreens another infringement / revenue stream, or just more conspiracy theories? Perhaps thing's that don't at first glance pass a "cost benefit analysis" actually are worthwhile... I'll pass your answers to my friend.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Asking for a friend - are coal fires, coal fired powerstations, passive smoking once again open to debate, were seatbelts, ABS brakes, laminated windscreens another infringement / revenue stream, or just more conspiracy theories? Perhaps thing's that don't at first glance pass a "cost benefit analysis" actually are worthwhile... I'll pass your answers to my friend.
    Can’t drive without a seatbelt if you pay £12.50.

If it’s about pollution, ban polluting vehicles. That was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Can’t drive without a seatbelt if you pay £12.50.

If it’s about pollution, ban polluting vehicles. That was easy.
    Excellent reply - little or no thought behind it but nevertheless quick and edgy.

Interesting that folk who are in favour of or at least ambivalent to certain terrorist tactics (like forcing a city to a standstill or vandalising works of art) condemn other terrorist tactics, like vandalising these cameras.

At least be consistent if you want to be credible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Interesting that folk who are in favour of or at least ambivalent to certain terrorist tactics (like forcing a city to a standstill or vandalising works of art) condemn other terrorist tactics, like vandalising these cameras.

Not sure I equate vandalism with terrorism, or peaceful/lawful protest for that matter?

Equally, you could say it’s interesting that folks up in arms about a road being closed by insulate Britain gluing themselves to it are also happy to see ULEZ cameras vandalised?

The common link being?

As usual, everybody is on transmit, nobody on receive…

As far as I can tell people gluing themselves to roads, and Ulez zones are both trying to achieve the same outcome, so I'll be on their side,

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Not sure I equate vandalism with terrorism, or peaceful/lawful protest for that matter?

Equally, you could say it’s interesting that folks up in arms about a road being closed by insulate Britain gluing themselves to it are also happy to see ULEZ cameras vandalised?

The common link being?

As usual, everybody is on transmit, nobody on receive…
    Good point.

Interesting that folk who are in favour of or at least ambivalent to certain terrorist tactics (like vandalising these cameras) condemn other terrorist tactics (like forcing a city to a standstill or vandalising works of art).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Isn't it because the ulez is just seen as another stealth tax on motorists? I can understand why they are peed off and why they applaud vandalism of cameras. especially in present day economic conditions.