closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    It gets pretty bad reviews, apart from the paid streamers saying its amazing.

Not sure I agree with this, not a single negative review from 65 'critic' reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starfield

I've sunk 30+ hours in already and whereas it has some flaws it's easily the best game I've played in some years. It won't suit everyone, but for me it's almost perfect, 9/10 personally. My complaint is the inability to transition from space/ground and transition from planet-to-planet. The space stuff just lacks a bit - and I agree that it's a bit of a "loading screen simulator". I can accept a mission, fast travel to my ship, transition to space, travel to star system, land on planet, exit ship and finally load into the building for the mission... 7 loading screens in maybe 1 minute. Once you accept and get passed that, it's incredible.

With games like this, it's about the stories it creates. I jumped into a system and was met with quite a large pirate ship. I disabled it's engines and then boarded it. After dispatching the crew and ransacking the ship I found a tablet that indicated a secret base... After I'd sold the pirate ship (because I can), I followed the details on the tablet to the base and went on a several hour mission which unlocked some AMAZING goodies (trying to keep it spoilerless).

2-3 hours spent on a random encounter, and every second was awesome.
    Last edited by RickChard; 12th September 2023 at 09:22.

Master
    Anyone got any recommendations for good games to play on an iPad? I know it's not anyway near as powerful as a PC/Xbox/PS/Switch gaming machine, but been playing Clash of Clans for years and fianlly got to the top league. No point in playing much more and need to move on.

Best game I’ve played on my iPad is Stardew Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    Not sure I agree with this, not a single negative review from 65 'critic' reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starfield

I've sunk 30+ hours in already and whereas it has some flaws it's easily the best game I've played in some years. It won't suit everyone, but for me it's almost perfect, 9/10 personally. My complaint is the inability to transition from space/ground and transition from planet-to-planet. The space stuff just lacks a bit - and I agree that it's a bit of a "loading screen simulator". I can accept a mission, fast travel to my ship, transition to space, travel to star system, land on planet, exit ship and finally load into the building for the mission... 7 loading screens in maybe 1 minute. Once you accept and get passed that, it's incredible.

With games like this, it's about the stories it creates. I jumped into a system and was met with quite a large pirate ship. I disabled it's engines and then boarded it. After dispatching the crew and ransacking the ship I found a tablet that indicated a secret base... After I'd sold the pirate ship (because I can), I followed the details on the tablet to the base and went on a several hour mission which unlocked some AMAZING goodies (trying to keep it spoilerless).

2-3 hours spent on a random encounter, and every second was awesome.
    I might give it a go once I finish with remnant 2. I think its the loading screen issue people don't like, you don't get the seamless transition from being on the ground to flying into space.