Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
I dread to think of the straps I have thrown away over the years, I could have sold them… I would be closer to the original CWC diver from 1980 I am holding out for.

Paying over the odds for an old NATO is not for me as any Phoenix strap soon looks like it is years old with the slightest bit of wear. But there is nowt queer as folk and we collect all sorts. I am not sure of the attraction if they have just sat in a box though (same could be said for issued watches)

It seems as if CWC are now suppling their straps with any new issued watches and if I am honest they are much better quality it I still buy Phoenix in stashes so always have some spare (down to the last one or two unworn ones though)
"any Phoenix strap soon looks like it is years old"

That is very true,I think the appeal is that it is genuine and of its time.

We know they arent the best straps available but they do go historically with the old watches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
These have been on e bay for a long time now. There are definitely some slight differences between the older style Phoenix straps and the newer ones.

In my experience, the non etched buckle versions are shorter and can suit smaller wrists.

£100 isn’t actually that expensive for what is a proven “not modern” Phoenix strap.

For example, there is a well known strap collector who is currently selling NOS 90s Phoenix straps for multiples of the asking price of the straps you posted.

Some people are really into their straps and some are t.
Who is this strap collector?