closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Well, people were quick to claim it was an EV, but the Fire Service have CCTV that shows a diesel RR Evoque had flames coming from under the bonnet.

Just like the last big car park fire in Liverpool, once plastic fuel tanks melt and the liquid fuel runs everywhere, it’s difficult to contain and it spreads quickly.

I just googled ‘Luton Airport Car Park Fire Cause’.
    Diesel is difficult to ignite unless it's in a high pressure mist (read fuel injection system as an example) or when it ends up as a wide area liquid spill that comes into contact with something already burning.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Diesel is difficult to ignite unless it's in a high pressure mist (read fuel injection system as an example) or when it ends up as a wide area liquid spill that comes into contact with something already burning.
    Yes, high pressure fuel rail letting go maybe, taking some electrics with it and igniting the fuel mist?

I’m sure the Fire Service investigation will get to the bottom of things in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Yes, high pressure fuel rail letting go maybe, taking some electrics with it and igniting the fuel mist?

I’m sure the Fire Service investigation will get to the bottom of things in due course.
    If the vehicle was switched off and the engine wasn't running there would be next to no pressure in the common rail so thats highly unlikely. Its more than like an electrical issue

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    If the vehicle was switched off and the engine wasn't running there would be next to no pressure in the common rail so thats highly unlikely. Its more than like an electrical issue
    I thought it was moving/being driven? If not, then your theory fits better! 👍

Blog Entries
    Fire Brigade fella on the news says it may have been a diesel, but they may just be saying that to divert from the real danger of driving an EV and how they can just randomly combust.

Took ages to put the fire out because of all the other EV’s exploding and the batteries burning for hours. They cannot be put out when on fire.
    Last edited by Pitch3110; 11th October 2023 at 19:47.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Fire Brigade fella on the news says it may have been a diesel, but they may just be saying that to divert from the real danger of driving an EV and how they can just randomly combust.

Took ages to put the fire out because of all the other EV’s exploding and the batteries burning for hours. They cannot be put out when on fire.
    What a bizarre post (or am I due a parrot?)