closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new book - and just look who did the cover! - UPDATED

Hybrid View

Master
    Well done on the new publication Alex. It's said everyone has a book in them but to get them down on paper and get people buying them is a serious achievement in this day and age. Best of luck with it!

P.s. not to pry, but are these self published and promoted? Or do you have a publisher who have picked you up?

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Well done on the new publication Alex. It's said everyone has a book in them but to get them down on paper and get people buying them is a serious achievement in this day and age. Best of luck with it!

P.s. not to pry, but are these self published and promoted? Or do you have a publisher who have picked you up?

It's a hybrid - a major publisher who sell into all the stores and do a lot of marketing - but I keep all the rights rather than just a small percentage which is key for me.

The books have to go through all the editing and quality assurance you would expect and they are selective.

On the strength of the sales of my first book I had several publishing companies offer to take it on, but the deals they offer are pretty poor!
    Last edited by TheFlyingBanana; 14th November 2023 at 21:35.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Well done and good luck, that’s great news, wishing you lots of success with it

Blog Entries
    Congrats! And it must be great to have Adi 'on board' as well. You write on your website: "Adi and I worked on the look for Spencer and his friends,...

I would love to read the story how things like that come up in your mind and how that develops. Is that like a movie music score? Or...?i,..

Craftsman
    Just bought your first book and new one (pre order) on Amazon

Look forward to reading them

Great achievement well done! though you missed an opportunity to get a fave watch in your promo photo.

Well done, it takes serious skill to write a book these days when online reviews can be totally brutal

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Well done, it takes serious skill to write a book these days when online reviews can be totally brutal
    It was the great feedback and reviews on the first one that encouraged me for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Just bought your first book and new one (pre order) on Amazon

Look forward to reading them
    Many, many thanks!

Do let me know how you get on with them!

👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Congrats! And it must be great to have Adi 'on board' as well. You write on your website: "Adi and I worked on the look for Spencer and his friends,...

I would love to read the story how things like that come up in your mind and how that develops. Is that like a movie music score? Or...?i,..

I gave Adi a written summary of some of the key characters along with some details of how I’d described their appearance in the book.

He then did some preliminary sketches (you can see them on my website), and pretty much nailed the looks straight away.

A little bit of discussion and then he worked his magic.

Let’s face it, he knows what he’s doing! 👍👍

Tried to pre - order, but problem with delivery address (I'm assuming because its Highlands)?
    No problem with the first book though.
    I'll try again later though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Tried to pre - order, but problem with delivery address (I'm assuming because its Highlands)?
    No problem with the first book though.
    I'll try again later though.
    Huge thanks! It shouldn’t be an issue- might just be because it is pre-order until the 28th.

Have you tried any of the other retailers?