Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
We're used to the smell; 9 out 10 times tourists blowing like mad. Most Dutch smokers don't smoke it on the streets.

Anyway, when we visited NY in May '22, the town smelled like a 'Coffeeshop' in Amsterdam. And in NY, it was free available from street vendors. We Dutch have 30, 40 yrs experience with the sale of weed. The word we use is 'gedogen'. I cannot translate that in one word. Basically, you allow something that's not to be allowed. New York made the biggest mistake they could make by releasing the use and sale. But they will find out.

The use itself is not too bad. But the industry behind it, is fully criminalized. Growers are robbed at gunpoint, others are forced to grow weed in sheds. Others are pressed to give criminals access to warehouses. Up to 2011, I had a large portfolio of real estate in so-called industrial zones. Storage, small companies, order picking companies. More and more people around me who were renting out, were 'asked...' to hand the keys of their building to certain people. I escaped that and sold everything. The step from weed to hard drugs is a small step. Pills, meth., it's more and more taking over the classic weed production.
Very interested to read this, Menno. What position are the authorities taking?