closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New York (weed capital)

Hybrid View

I experienced the same when I visited NYC in March. It was enough to put me off going back until they ban it in public spaces.

I've no issue with people smoking weed in their own homes but the stench was so overwhelming in places like Times Square that I felt sick. There seemed to be far more weed smoking than simple cigarette smoking!

The other thing I noticed about NYC was just how bl**dy expensive food was. Far pricier than London.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I experienced the same when I visited NYC in March. It was enough to put me off going back until they ban it in public spaces.

I've no issue with people smoking weed in their own homes but the stench was so overwhelming in places like Times Square that I felt sick. There seemed to be far more weed smoking than simple cigarette smoking!

The other thing I noticed about NYC was just how bl**dy expensive food was. Far pricier than London.

Dead right Ryan, the six of us ate together last night and were hit with 20% on top plus tax due to more than four persons. $108 ouch when there is only one paying the bill.

It’s not just food, tickets for attractions especially the buildings are stupidly expensive. We did Vanderbilt One (Summit) yesterday four adults two kids $366 for what is just a wrap around viewing experience, in saying that it’s a lot better than the Empire State which is the same cost. This is my fourth trip and will be my last.

Love going up the Empire State (and that’s not a euphemism).

Last edited by learningtofly; 18th November 2023 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    True story: one of SWMBO's girlfriends was recounting he last visit to London with her new boyfriend and told us the following '... had a great time, we went out for cocktails and afterwards he took me up the Shard'.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    True story: one of SWMBO's girlfriends was recounting he last visit to London with her new boyfriend and told us the following '... had a great time, we went out for cocktails and afterwards he took me up the Shard'.

R
    Could have been worse; he could have taken her up the Arsenal.

Master
    Blog Entries

We had done the Empire State twice before and as you say it’s fantastic iconic building, but the Summit viewing is whole lot better. For what it’s worth my favourite is the Chrysler Building, the foyer and those elevator doors I never tire looking at them, no finer Art Deco anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    We had done the Empire State twice before and as you say it’s fantastic iconic building, but the Summit viewing is whole lot better. For what it’s worth my favourite is the Chrysler Building, the foyer and those elevator doors I never tire looking at them, no finer Art Deco anywhere.
    Agreed, a wonderful piece of architecture.

To be honest, I love everything about NYC (I have family in the city and on LI so have visited many, many times), and feel as much at home there as I do in London. The weed thing is a new one on me, though.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 18th November 2023 at 12:13.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, a wonderful piece of architecture.

To be honest, I love everything about NYC (I have family in the city and on LI so have visited many, many times), and feel as much at home there as I do in London. The weed thing is new on me, though.

Regards the weed you will not be impressed it’s awful. People smoke it openly on the streets, and Times Sq in the evening is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Regards the weed you will not be impressed it’s awful. People smoke it openly on the streets, and Times Sq in the evening is terrible.
    I'd not suggest Times Square at *any* point in the day, if 'm honest. Best avoided.

I was relatively impressed with The Edge. Actually, the new View Boston is pretty good, if you ever head that way. Had the opening slot, mid-week. Entire floor to ourselves. Great way to get the lie of the land.

To be fair i smell it all the time in the UK, every time i pass one of my neighbours homes at night i can often smell it.
    Walking around local towns i smell it very regularly, i passed two men the other day and they were just smoking a spliff about 20 feet from a Police station. Noby much seems to care anymore, the Police are too busy to enforce it properly.