closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Octopus Agile users

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Has anyone else tried this? Currently I'm on cheap overnight rather than the full Agile.
    Gas capped price is 6.87p/kWh, and with a boiler typically 90% efficient that’s equivalent to about 7.5p/kWh.

If you can buy overnight electricity for less than 7.5 p/kWh then it is cheaper to heat your water via electricity. Conversion of electricity to heat is 100%.

Definitely more wear and tear on a boiler than an electrical element, so factor that in too.

If your motives are to decarbonise, then you may wish to use the immersion heater above 7.5p/kWh electricity price, as along as your provider guarantees the electricity is from renewable sources and not partially from burning fossil fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Gas capped price is 6.87p/kWh, and with a boiler typically 90% efficient that’s equivalent to about 7.5p/kWh.

If you can buy overnight electricity for less than 7.5 p/kWh then it is cheaper to heat your water via electricity. Conversion of electricity to heat is 100%.

Definitely more wear and tear on a boiler than an electrical element, so factor that in too.

If your motives are to decarbonise, then you may wish to use the immersion heater above 7.5p/kWh electricity price, as along as your provider guarantees the electricity is from renewable sources and not partially from burning fossil fuels.
    Primary motive is to decarbonise, but looking to do it as efficiently as possible from a cost point of view. So heating water at 7.5p/kwh (my current overnight rate) with electricity is cost neutral and therefore a good thing.