closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

It's been mentioned but Slow Horses (Apple TV) was enjoyable.

It starts out badly.

Man in a smart suit furrows brow, touches ear and starts yelling loudly while chasing a suspect as a woman in a smart suit in some kind of TV-only imagination of a spy command centre stares up at a large bank of monitors and furrows her brow while barking commands at underlings who... etc etc. You've seen it so often before you are initially left wondering if was written by an intern entering the prompt "generic spy plot" into a beta version of ScriptGPT.

But then Gary Oldman arrives flatulently like a cross between George Smiley and Sir Les Patterson, and it all settles down to some actual plot and characters. Not great, not bad, just enjoyable while it unfolds.
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 25th November 2023 at 14:47.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Just started to watch “Person of Interest” which is a few years old, on prime.

Missed it on its original run but quite enjoying it (watched 15 episodes in 5 nights lol)

Basically, a computer (“the machine”) churns out a social security number related to a death, and a computer guy with access to the numbers recruits an ex cia spook to try and save the innocent person who will die (not necessarily the person who’s number is churned out……..)

New number every week and an underlying long story about the two protagonists histories.

Solid 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Missed it on its original run but quite enjoying it (watched 15 episodes in 5 nights lol)

Basically, a computer (“the machine”) churns out a social security number related to a death, and a computer guy with access to the numbers recruits an ex cia spook to try and save the innocent person who will die (not necessarily the person who’s number is churned out……..)

New number every week and an underlying long story about the two protagonists histories.

Solid 7.5/10
    This is superb, one of my favourites

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    This is superb, one of my favourites
    I watched it a few years back. It gets a a bit samey therefore a bit cheesy but I did sit it out

Blog Entries
    Just finished "Archie: the man who became Cary Grant" a 4 part biopic on ITVX. Thought it was really well done and Jason Isaacs in the title role was brilliant.

Really enjoyed it, especially if you're a certain age and enjoyed watching his films in your youth.
    Last edited by vagabond; 28th November 2023 at 11:38.

Craftsman
    Vinnie Jones In The Country.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Vinnie Jones In The Country.
    Sorry, I posted this in a rush and was going to write a little more.

For those that enjoy Clarksons Farm, this will be right up your street. So far it's looking at least as good, it might actually be better.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It's pretty fun but as mentioned it's gets a bit repetitive BUT it has Sarah Shahi (worth an extra 1 on your score just for that i reckon)

She was also in Life with Damian Lewis which is quite old but entertaining enough

Not new, but The Thick of it is on Iplayer now.

A superb political satire.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Not new, but The Thick of it is on Iplayer now.

A superb political satire.
    Real politics is more satirical these days TBH - certainly a case of "Life imitating Art" but l'll leave further comment for elsewhere on this Forum

Lawman: Bass Reeves.

Really not at all bad. More entertainment than history, and treads more lightly that it perhaps should have done over the touchy subject of a black ex-slave, deputy marshall rounding undesirable white folks at the point of a six shooter. On Paramount, unfortunately.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    Lawman: Bass Reeves.

Really not at all bad. More entertainment than history, and treads more lightly that it perhaps should have done over the touchy subject of a black ex-slave, deputy marshall rounding undesirable white folks at the point of a six shooter. On Paramount, unfortunately.
    I quite like this series too

Master
    I suspect some here would be appalled by Obliterated on Netflix, given that it’s a comedy about a crack CIA team attempting to save Las Vegas from a nuclear device, after partying hard with every drug imaginable, with some nudity thrown in for good measure (and even Wags from Billions). For others it’s a daft and binge-able Christmas treat, you know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I suspect some here would be appalled by Obliterated on Netflix...
    I couldn't get further than 15 minutes into it. The helicopter bit. It pushed the ludicrous factor beyond my festive tolerance.

Bikini-clad multilingual babe as top operative? Check! Hunky subordinate (naturally...) male colleague in beach shorts? Yup. Bad guys with stubble and foreign accents? Present and correct. Like a teenager's furtive fantasy. A foxy agent even comments appreciatively on one guy's "abs", mid-mission. We are not just ogling the talented bikini girl. No. This team has skills and sass.

(I suspect I have just sold it to some )

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    I couldn't get further than 15 minutes into it. The helicopter bit. It pushed the ludicrous factor beyond my festive tolerance.

Bikini-clad multilingual babe as top operative? Check! Hunky subordinate (naturally...) male colleague in beach shorts? Yup. Bad guys with stubble and foreign accents? Present and correct. Like a teenager's furtive fantasy. A foxy agent even comments appreciatively on one guy's "abs", mid-mission. We are not just ogling the talented bikini girl. No. This team has skills and sass.

(I suspect I have just sold it to some )
    lol, you have piqued my interest in this show!