closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,950 of 5793

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

That was as bad as I can remember. We had nothing.

Looks like Spurs have joined City and Chelsea in the naughty corner relating to Jermain Defoe's move to Portsmouth in 2008. Unlikely to get a points deduction but the thinking is they'll have a transfer ban for 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Looks like Spurs have joined City and Chelsea in the naughty corner relating to Jermain Defoe's move to Portsmouth in 2008. Unlikely to get a points deduction but the thinking is they'll have a transfer ban for 12 months
    Was Harry Redknapp involved ?
    Nothing to see here, move on !!

Master
    Suspect many clubs have potential skeletons in the cupboard!

Better news is that the proposed ban on partner clubs allowing loan moves has been rejected .
    14 votes needed and only 13 achieved .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Better news is that the proposed ban on partner clubs allowing loan moves has been rejected .
    Amanda stavely reportedly looked happy leaving the vote but no one can quite be sure

Any other outcome would have been akin to turkeys voting for Christmas. Loads of clubs are involved in multi-club ownership with Everton about to become the latest.

And those who aren't currently never know what's in their future.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Any other outcome would have been akin to turkeys voting for Christmas. Loads of clubs are involved in multi-club ownership with Everton about to become the latest.

And those who aren't currently never know what's in their future.
    It shows the power of the old big six if you want my opinion. Their sway cannot be underestimated.
    Crystal Palace are part of a multi club enterprise and still voted against it.
    The fact that the PL tried to change a rule mid season speaks volumes . If it had waited until the end of the season, a couple of the clubs who voted against it could well have been relegated.
    I’d wager it’s all revolving around Neves mooted transfer to Newcastle too.

Looks like Liverpool and Man Utd are pushing for a swift conclusion to the Man City charges case.....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...gue-crackdown/

Looks like Liverpool and Man Utd are pushing for a swift conclusion to the Man City charges case.....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...gue-crackdown/
    I’m sure that’ll happen then .
    The 10 million documents will be processed this afternoon and a verdict will be ready by 9 am tomorrow.

I also think that the PL have gotten out of their pram over the Neves to Newcastle thing and the best part is that we've never ever said we want to sign him. Thinking about what we need to cover our injuries, I'd love us to go and get him, Benzema, Koulibaly, Mane and Firmino all on loan in January just to p*ss them off.

It shows the power of the old big six if you want my opinion. Their sway cannot be underestimated.
    Crystal Palace are part of a multi club enterprise and still voted against it.
    The fact that the PL tried to change a rule mid season speaks volumes . If it had waited until the end of the season, a couple of the clubs who voted against it could well have been relegated.
    I’d wager it’s all revolving around Neves mooted transfer to Newcastle too.

Seems that Newcastle are seeking to address their injury woes up front by making a move for 'never ever injured' Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.....

They've got the cash, why wouldn't they just go for top tier talent like Ivan Toney or Osimhen instead of these marginal players like Gordon, Barnes etc?

Master
    Seems that Newcastle are seeking to address their injury woes up front by making a move for 'never ever injured' Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.....

They've got the cash, why wouldn't they just go for top tier talent like Ivan Toney or Osimhen instead of these marginal players like Gordon, Barnes etc?
    gordon hasnt looked marginal this season to be fair

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Correct - I'm pleased they are looking to develop home talent, all this chucking big ££'s at overseas mercenaries with zero club loyalty is not good for the long term domestic game

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Correct - I'm pleased they are looking to develop home talent, all this chucking big ££'s at overseas mercenaries with zero club loyalty is not good for the long term domestic game
    Good old club loyalty. Aston Villa academy graduate and captain Jack Grealish, Leeds United academy graduate and captain Kalvin Philipps and James Ward-Prowse, Southampton academy graduate and captain are all shining examples of loyalty in the modern game.
    "A man of little significance"

Yes
    Much better to get a nucleus of kids who live within 600 yards of the ground .
    Unless you build a new stadium of course

Gordon has been fantastic this season and Barnes got injured before getting a run in the team. There’s no chance we’re interested in DCL and rightly so.

We’ve been buying up young talent, some for now and others for the future, however I agree that we now need to start splashing some serious cash on oven-ready world class players. Toney has said he won’t come back after we didn’t rate him and gave him away however I’m sure a massive swag bag might change his mind.

Yep silly comment. Barnes was far from marginal at Leicester. Arguably their most important attacking player that season and had already made a clear impact at NUFC before the foot injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it’s back.
    After the tedium of international yawn week, proper football gets under way and I’m delighted to be welcoming our six fingered , sister marrying brethren from the arse end of the M62 tomorrow. Try not to point at the big buildings with your mouths agape as you’ll stand out .

Just getting the barbs in early as I expect a fit and flying Liverpool to turn up tomorrow . Still our closest rivals IMHO and matches like this should be a joy to behold .

There’s expected to be a plane flying over too from the blue half of Merseyside with a few home truths about the Premier League . Hopefully it’ll get the attention it deserves . I’m still expecting and hoping for Everton to appeal the harsh penalty. I think the Premier League are biting off a little more than they can chew with the latest punishments.

Good luck to both sets of Scousers this weekend .

Master
    Fit and flying? I think a good portion of the first team were certainly flying home from South America less than 48 hours ago. If previous international breaks are anything to go by they don’t cope well with jet lag.

I might be the only one but I’m expecting a dirge fest with Klopp wondering why he doesn’t have James Milner warmed up and ready to paper over the cracks, followed by complaints about scheduling. Guardiola will be wittering on about nothing and inappropriately touching officials, Van Dyke will once again be a Rolls Royce of a player (engine management light flashing) and one or both of the keepers will make a massive ricket.

Stuart Atwell is on VAR, so that’s all good then.

Master
    Been a good first half with both teams fairly even except one striker is world class and took his chance.

Master
    Blog Entries
    He is so strong, took his goal well .

Liverpool not really offered anything of quality yet. City not having to be particularly great today.

Another ridiculous decision. Is Akanji supposed to just let the keeper catch it? Joke.

Master
    Now that’s world class.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Now that’s world class.
    Wonderful finish

LiVARpool.

TAA MOTM? Really? Doku and Rodri were both better.

Stunning game

Master
    Pretty lethargic Liverpool against a pretty average looking Man City I thought.

Nunez calling Pep a baldy gobsh*te tw*t at the end a clear highlight (my Spanish lip reading might not be 100%)

Arsenal could be top tonight and we've not even hit form yet.

Still worried about City but can't see any way we'd finish below Liverpool however you never know.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Pretty lethargic Liverpool against a pretty average looking Man City I thought.

Nunez calling Pep a baldy gobsh*te tw*t at the end a clear highlight (my Spanish lip reading might not be 100%)
    I thought it was pretty high quality from both given the circumstances, happy with the draw

Master
    LiVARpool.

He arguably shut Doku down for about 95% of the game and scored the winner ?

Master
    LiVARpool.

What var decision did we get ? And Trent’s stats along with the goal got it for him over doku (who was class )

- - - Updated - - -

Arsenal could be top tonight and we've not even hit form yet.

Still worried about City but can't see any way we'd finish below Liverpool however you never know.
    lots of ways I’d have thought

Another ridiculous decision. Is Akanji supposed to just let the keeper catch it? Joke.
    When you look at the Newcastle goal where Joelinton used both hands and it was allowed to stand. Dreadful decision

Master
    Stunning game
    Agreed and I think a draw was a fair result.

The foul on Alison that was never a foul.

[QUOTE=cyrusir;6311421]What var decision did we get ? And Trent’s stats along with the goal got it for him over doku (who was class )

We must have been watching different games as Doku was breezing past Trent and Matip all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    He arguably shut Doku down for about 95% of the game and scored the winner ?

Master
    [QUOTE=TaketheCannoli;6311442]The foul on Alison that was never a foul.

What var decision did we get ? And Trent’s stats along with the goal got it for him over doku (who was class )
    that wasn’t a var decision they just didn’t over turn the referee because it wasn’t a clear error and I’d agree

Master
    We must have been watching different games as Doku was breezing past Trent and Matip all afternoon.
    He must have one of the worse final balls or shots in football then if he was passed them two all afternoon ?

I’ll tell you how bad a decision that was. It signals that any attacking player must allow the keeper to catch the ball unchallenged. If that’s the precedent set for contact with the keeper I expect to see it in every game now.

The ref got it wrong, clearly, and VAR should have told him he’s made an error and go and have another look at it.

[QUOTE=cyrusir;6311445]
    The foul on Alison that was never a foul.

that wasn’t a var decision they just didn’t over turn the referee because it wasn’t a clear error and I’d agree

Master
    [QUOTE=TaketheCannoli;6311454]I’ll tell you how bad a decision that was. It signals that any attacking player must allow the keeper to catch the ball unchallenged. If that’s the precedent set for contact with the keeper I expect to see it in every game now.

The ref got it wrong, clearly, and VAR should have told him he’s made an error and go and have another look at it.

I know you are salty because your in laws will be giving it loads but it was a foul.

Nah they won’t be giving it any as they expect to win every game so a draw is as good as a loss and they won’t see anything wrong with the decision 🙄

[QUOTE=cyrusir;6311457]
    I’ll tell you how bad a decision that was. It signals that any attacking player must allow the keeper to catch the ball unchallenged. If that’s the precedent set for contact with the keeper I expect to see it in every game now.

I know you are salty because your in laws will be giving it loads but it was a foul.

A top performance by us today. To a man we were superb. Bruno’s performance was as good as I’ve seen from him in his time here. Gordon was immense and selfless as usual. Miley did more today than Anderson ever has.

Four children played for us today. Unbelievable injury situation.

Arsenal to be docked 6 points for the hideous kit we are wearing tonight.

Craftsman
    Terrible decision, that was a goal all day long.

Seeing folk say it was a great game, not from the comfort of my armchair it wasn’t. Lots of sideways and backward passing. Only 5 shots on target for City and 3 for Liverpool. More of a keep possession at all costs La Liga match.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Terrible decision, that was a goal all day long.

Seeing folk say it was a great game, not from the comfort of my armchair it wasn’t. Lots of sideways and backward passing. Only 5 shots on target for City and 3 for Liverpool. More of a keep possession at all costs La Liga match.
    I agree with all of this. Truly sad day for football if that is considered to be a foul, whatever happened to keepers dominating their box, Allison is a great keeper but that was weak.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I agree with all of this. Truly sad day for football if that is considered to be a foul, whatever happened to keepers dominating their box, Allison is a great keeper but that was weak.
    Allison is a decent keeper but not the worldie that many make out. He made four or five mistakes yesterday alone and was at fault for our goal. He had already passed to Foden earlier and almost cost them a goal. Then the disallowed goal fiasco followed by a few dodgy kick outs straight to city players. If you look at the game at Anfield a few years ago he gave us two goals in that one too.

It’s a bit like the myth of VVD. Very good centre half but the debate about him being the best ever in the PL is crackers. This is a lad that nobody had heard of until his mid 20s. Southampton and Celtic took a chance and he’s done well for LFC, but the best ever….. Revisionism at it finest.

Fair result yesterday. You could see that both teams were tired. Not sure that putting any game on at 12.30 after an international break is a good decision. The game suffered from that. The only good thing about an early game is that the traffic on route was better than usual, despite the madness of Christmas shopping starting……

I heard Liverpool had the highest number of 12.30 kick offs and that was for policing reasons. Not having a dig at Liverpool, just repeating something I heard on Talksport.

Master
    Well done to Liverpool for arranging to bring the Dias family to UK for a few weeks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    Allison is a decent keeper but not the worldie that many make out. He made four or five mistakes yesterday alone and was at fault for our goal. He had already passed to Foden earlier and almost cost them a goal. Then the disallowed goal fiasco followed by a few dodgy kick outs straight to city players. If you look at the game at Anfield a few years ago he gave us two goals in that one too.

It’s a bit like the myth of VVD. Very good centre half but the debate about him being the best ever in the PL is crackers. This is a lad that nobody had heard of until his mid 20s. Southampton and Celtic took a chance and he’s done well for LFC, but the best ever….. Revisionism at it finest.

Fair result yesterday. You could see that both teams were tired. Not sure that putting any game on at 12.30 after an international break is a good decision. The game suffered from that. The only good thing about an early game is that the traffic on route was better than usual, despite the madness of Christmas shopping starting……
    sorry but Alisson is probably the best goal keeper in world football, he was poor yesterday but he has been amazing for years.