closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Octopus Agile users

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Looked at Octopus Agile but it doesn’t make much sense if you have Solar and Tesla Powerwall. The way they notify you of charging bands is clunky and does not allow you to automate the process. It would be better if they had an API that linked into things like the Tesla Home Gateway. I am on Octopus Intelligent which works well with the Tesla Home Gateway and the 2Tesla Powerwalls I have. Since switching to Intelligent all my electric charges have been at 7.5p per kWh as the Tesla Powerwalls have enough power (27kwh) to run the house for the whole day. My electric bill has dropped by 75%. The Powerwalls are recharged overnight during the 23.30-05.30 off peak rate. The EV also recharges at this time too if required.
    I also recently just got my Export MpAN through and am now being paid 15p per kWh exported. The Tesla Home Gateway is quite smart in that it recognises how much power you regularly use. Looks at projected solar for the day ahead and will export power to get the 15p/kwh. I am still experimenting with the settings but it looks like I can export enough to offset the usage at off peak to essentially mean I just pay the daily standing charge. In the months when solar is much more productive (April-October) I calculate that I will be being paid by Octopus.
    I have a similar setup (only one powerwall) and agree that Agile is a bit clunky. My November bill averaged 12.2p so it worked OK financially but did require me to manage it quite carefully.

Now they've added myenergi to the compatible chargers I've switched to Intelligent Go, as much for the reduced admin as any financial benefit.
    Last edited by gunner; 7th December 2023 at 10:46.