closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vehicle main dealer rip off- Again.

Hybrid View

Changed my battery this weekend. Knew not to even bother going the main dealer route, usual online mobile fitters were looking to charge £350 for the battery plus up to £50 to fit on the drive. Local place had cyber week deals on and I got the battery for £130 and fitted myself. Kept a power supply going to the computer whilst changing, no warning lights and seems to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Changed my battery this weekend. Knew not to even bother going the main dealer route, usual online mobile fitters were looking to charge £350 for the battery plus up to £50 to fit on the drive. Local place had cyber week deals on and I got the battery for £130 and fitted myself. Kept a power supply going to the computer whilst changing, no warning lights and seems to be good.
    If the battery has not been registered properly then this may cause issues down the line as the car systems may be compensating for a previously duff battery and the fitment will not be registered or recognised.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

£150 + VAT labour for changing a battery.

I paid £50 labour yesterday and they removed a severely stuck break drum, cleaned all the rust from inside it, fitted new pins and fitted new nuts on both rear break drums. Tested it all worked properly and phoned me up to come get it.

Battery registration

There seems to be a fault in the logic where cars can tell the state of a battery when it's failing but not when it is good. There is perhaps something in registering the type of battery but after that it's just basic stuff depending on the voltage. As long as you are replacing like for like and maintain the voltage while changing there shouldn't be any issues.