closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines VHP

Craftsman

Longines VHP

I have a passing fancy for a Longines 'Conquest' VHP, but in the 36mm size which I believe is now discontinued(except for the MOP and diamond type Dial which is not for me). However the white/silver dial is very similar to one of my other watches and I wonder if they ever did the 36mm in black? I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who knows or indeed owns one of these watches. Cheers, John B4

Craftsman
    I've always fancied one myself and looked out for a black one but there doesn't seem to have ever been one.
    Some cracking deals on the white one out there.
    My personal favourite is the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games special Edition but it was only in 41mm.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

IIRC they made the 36mm in blue, but not black. I have a 41mm with the carbon fibre dial which has a 3D like effect in certain lighting conditions; don't think they made that in 36mm either though.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

My main two memories of owning a VHP was the battery died way way sooner than it should have and had to be sent for service under warranty.

And the bracelet had no micro adjustment, half links only so if it does not quite fit right then there is nothing you can do about it.

Other than that the quality was like Hamilton and all the other Swatch brands in that price band.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    My main two memories of owning a VHP was the battery died way way sooner than it should have and had to be sent for service under warranty.

And the bracelet had no micro adjustment, half links only so if it does not quite fit right then there is nothing you can do about it.

Other than that the quality was like Hamilton and all the other Swatch brands in that price band.
    Interesting. Mine is well over 4 years old and still on its original battery; maybe yours was a fault with the battery rather than the watch? Your comment about the bracelet is spot on though - one of the problems with a butterfly clasp, sadly. Quality wise I can’t fault it, seconds hand hits ALL the markers.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.