closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A confession.

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.
    Not only do I have to set the date and time, I also have to make sure the minute hand and second hand are in perfect synchronicity. Even if I’m only going to be wearing the watch for a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Likewise, I simply couldn't. Indeed I can't fathom the scenario where I COULD be bothered looking it out and putting it on, but COULDN'T be bothered setting the time.

I do hate setting dates and as a result most of my watches are dateless which makes setting very quick - but date or no, I'd always set it (and wind it if needed) when putting on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.
    Not only do I have to set the date and time, I also have to make sure the minute hand and second hand are in perfect synchronicity. Even if I’m only going to be wearing the watch for a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Same...points to our OCD! I always set using time.is to the second.

Wearing a watch is becoming a novelty these days though, so happy to go through the above is actually quite fun.

When I used to wear the same watch daily and not switch for a long time, I also used to set it accuractely and then review where it was after a month in terms of timekeeping.

Master
    Clarity, quick readability, accuracy, build quality, good fit - all these for me are priority over style.

There's nothing stylish about me, not whatsoever.

Journeyman

Angry

It's the OCD that has turned me back on to quartz watches. When I look in my box, and see a couple of day/dates that are wrong time/day/date or my quartz watches that are precisely right it irritates me that I might have to sit and wait a minute or 2 to get the Hodinkee app out and perfectly set the second hand to internet time if I'm going to be picking up a mechanical.

Having a watch on the wrist that isn't just right is an anathema.

Master
    Can’t see the point of wearing a watch not displaying the correct time. Guess that’s why I’m fond of Grand Seikos.

I'm afraid the quality of this confession thread has not met the standard.

Can one of the mods please delete it ?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Can’t see the point of wearing a watch not displaying the correct time. Guess that’s why I’m fond of Grand Seikos.
    +1

My typical day (I'm quartz fan):

when I get up in the morning, I first check the exact time and date, then I put the watch on the Horotect tester, if it shows more than 3 sec/month, I repeat the dip with another watch.
    When it meets the criteria, then I put the watch on my left wrist.

With the exception of the 7c46, which is factory-accurate to 1.28sec/month, all my quartz watches have a trimmer.
    Last edited by matt; 11th January 2024 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    +1

when I get up in the morning, I first check the exact time and date, then I put the watch on the Horotect tester, if it shows more than 3 sec/month, I repeat the dip with another watch.
    When it meets the criteria, then I put the watch on my left wrist.
    So it might lose 0.1s whilst you're wearing it? Doubt it could be set that acurately.