closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Sopranos. 25 yrs ago this week

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Good list ''T'', little nod to the Sopranos' there capeesh...I'd also suggest The Matrix in '99 as an artistic highlight, one that reset the bar.
    That's a nice one. Indeed, the Matrix should be on the list as well. Good that you mention that. I remember going to the cinema with my wife and we looked at each other after the opening scene with the Trinity character and we both said "Wow!" at the same time.

I discussed these 'highlights' with my wife and she noted that nothing looks outdated. Fashion/clothing perhaps, an old model phone too, but all the highlights I mentioned are 'timeless' for that matter. That's why the opening credits of the Sopranos I posted are still there, even today. I know that Chevrolet did an electric car commercial in that style too. All tv shows mentioned here as highlights try to capture the development of characters. 'Round characters' is the phrase we use in Dutch - translated into English.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    That's a nice one. Indeed, the Matrix should be on the list as well. Good that you mention that. I remember going to the cinema with my wife and we looked at each other after the opening scene with the Trinity character and we both said "Wow!" at the same time.

I discussed these 'highlights' with my wife and she noted that nothing looks outdated. Fashion/clothing perhaps, an old model phone too, but all the highlights I mentioned are 'timeless' for that matter. That's why the opening credits of the Sopranos I posted are still there, even today. I know that Chevrolet did an electric car commercial in that style too. All tv shows mentioned here as highlights try to capture the development of characters. 'Round characters' is the phrase we use in Dutch - translated into English.
    Yes I loved the Sopranos credits and that fabulous theme tune, a Brixton band iirc. I worked in commercial/ industrial real estate in Philly and definitely recall the look of S. Philly, pizza and hoagie shops, the Italian market also. Got down to the Jersey shore on weekends so know the look of that area, the boardwalk, how abandoned it feels out of season and drove past those pine barrens, one place you sure don't wanna stop.
    I think the Sopranos had the time, bandwidth, writing and sheer acting talent to allow virtually all the characters to become well rounded, to have their own story arcs. Remains the best for me.