closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Insurance Shock!

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Well I am not sure they do TBH. My in-laws changed their car just before Xmas and due to some confusion forgot to tell their insurance company. After about 4 weeks of ownership they received a letter from the Police indicating that records were showing that the vehicle was uninsured. The letter was an 'advisory/warning' but concluded with a statement indicating that failure to correct this would result in prosecution. They were not stopped by Police so presumably CCTV with ANPR has triggered this?.
    More likely a letter generated by the Motor Insurance Database that flagged a car that hasn’t been declared SORN but without insurance against it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    More likely a letter generated by the Motor Insurance Database that flagged a car that hasn’t been declared SORN but without insurance against it.
    This makes sense. Last year I part exed a motorcycle to a dealer who “ forgot” to transfer the V5 to Trade. As it was a classic eg no tax I didnt expect a refund. However I certainly didnt like the Ask Mid letter which in essence said insure it or face prosecution. Of course the dealer was very apologetic and promised they would do it “ that day”. Lesson learned I process my own V5’s when I sell , as I dont trust the dealer to be diligent in their paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    This makes sense. Last year I part exed a motorcycle to a dealer who “ forgot” to transfer the V5 to Trade. As it was a classic eg no tax I didnt expect a refund. However I certainly didnt like the Ask Mid letter which in essence said insure it or face prosecution. Of course the dealer was very apologetic and promised they would do it “ that day”. Lesson learned I process my own V5’s when I sell , as I dont trust the dealer to be diligent in their paperwork.

Would that be the dealers way to not have a extra owner show on the history? ( I don't know how trade works )
    Cheers..
    Jase