closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Daytona movement help!

Hybrid View

I'd be interested to know what the OP's mate paid, although - I suspect it might have been an embarrasing amount.......................

Grand Master
    It would be interesting to know the full back- story, how and where he bought it, whether it worked OK initially, and how much he paid. Only way forward for this watch (apart from binning it) is to sort the movement out and get it running properly. If it was a genuine Valjoux movement that would be more feasible, but my limited experience of trying to sort out a Chinese clone was enough to put me off ever touching one again, you can’t get parts so you have to rely on genuine Valjoux parts fitting......some do some don’t!

There’s also a small issue of finding someone to work on it, as I stated earlier any half- decent repairer won’t be interested. If this got fixed it could end up being sold to the next mug, that’s enough to put me off touching it.

If you must have a Daytona, buy a real one. If you decide to buy a fake buy a good one.......not convinced such a thing exists!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If you must have a Daytona, buy a real one. If you decide to buy a fake buy a good one.......not convinced such a thing exists!
    Well, currently in the Caribbean and I held a couple of very convincing ones th other day in St Lucia - $250 - $1000.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Well, currently in the Caribbean and I held a couple of very convincing ones th other day in St Lucia - $250 - $1000.
    Chris, I bow to your judgement........if you say they looked good I’m inclined to agree! The ones I’ve seen have always been fairly poor.