closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Acceptable to buy fake watch as home break-in decoy?

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Although my watches aren’t kept out on display and are hidden away safely still pondering this as it may encourage a potential burglar to leave sooner and to not ransack every room.
    This assumes a burglar will think "Great, this is worth something - I'll call it a day and leave". I don't think that is very likely. More likely "They have valuable stuff here, must get as much of it as I can". Or they simply keep turning over your house until they reach the point where fear of being caught overcomes greed and they leg it. I reckon the latter is the mindset of most, they will generally keep at it for as long as their nerve holds, or until they've exhausted the possibilities.
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 2nd February 2024 at 13:44.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    This assumes a burglar will think "Great, this is worth something - I'll call it a day and leave". I don't think that is very likely. More likely "They have valuable stuff here, must get as much of it as I can". Or they simply keep turning over your house until they reach the point where fear of being caught overcomes greed and they leg it. I reckon the latter is the mindset of most, they will generally keep at it for as long as their nerve holds, or until they've exhausted the possibilities.
    Agree - if they find something they think is valuable, they’ll rip the place apart looking for more

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app