Thread: TZUK Watch Purchase Abstinence Club, 2024

Hybrid View

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yep, sign me up.
    I swapped 2.
    Does that count?
    Technically not purchases, and just fettling the collection before stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I swapped 2.
    Does that count?
    Technically not purchases, and just fettling the collection before stopping.

Think this has got to be based on headcount - i.e. if you exchanged one for two, you now have more watches and therefore will not be going to heaven until you atone for this sin.

Based on my own performance so far, I'm going to burn in hell forever...

I didn't buy any watches in 2023 and I'm not sure I've bought anything since Covid. I've been idly thinking of selling one or two watches, or seeing if I can trade into something else, but I really don't know if I can be bothered, or if there's anything I really want that much. I'm wearing my Seiko SLA023, as I tend to do most of the time, and I did see if someone here wanted to trade one of the 62Mas reissues for my Hi-Beat Grand Seiko, but haven't taken it seriously enough to think about selling the GS and putting out a WTB. It's all so much effort.

Can I join the club or is it only for people actively abstaining, rather than people who simply can't be bothered?
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Think this has got to be based on headcount - i.e. if you exchanged one for two, you now have more watches and therefore will not be going to heaven until you atone for this sin.

Based on my own performance so far, I'm going to burn in hell forever...
    2 in 2 out - on a swap basis, so my number remains the same and I technically havent purchased anything guvnor