closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB bracelet link screw dimensions

Journeyman

Tudor BB bracelet link screw dimensions

Evening, I own a Tudor BB GMT and I've ended up losing one of the thread pin/screws for the bracelet links. It kept working lose but I never got round to applying some loctite. Looks like I can get a replacement on ebay - if I know the dimensions (which I don't). Is anybody able to help out with the pin sizings.

thx

Grand Master
    Take one if the others out and measure it with a digital caliper.

Why on earth would you faff about trying to measure a screw, to buy off eBay, when you could walk into any decent AD, given them the bracelet code, and they’d either order it for a nominal charge, if not for free?

Master
    I suspect that sometimes we assume it’s going to be super expensive to go see the AD for a solution and resort to eBay or Amazon thinking it will be the most economical way.

Try the AD option first OP, nothing to lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    For me it would be far easier to measure the thing and order a replacement from my desk computer than trailing around to see an AD who might or might not prove helpful. Possibly phoning the AD is the answer?

My advice to anyone with screwed bracelet links is to check for tightness, if any are loose take them out, clean the threaded end, then replace with a TINY spot of Loctite on the threads. An old oiler is ideal for transferring Loctite but most folks won't have that, so a pin will suffice.

A magnifier and tweezers are a big help when handling these parts.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    For me it would be far easier to measure the thing and order a replacement from my desk computer than trailing around to see an AD who might or might not prove helpful. Possibly phoning the AD is the answer?

My advice to anyone with screwed bracelet links is to check for tightness, if any are loose take them out, clean the threaded end, then replace with a TINY spot of Loctite on the threads. An old oiler is ideal for transferring Loctite but most folks won't have that, so a pin will suffice.

A magnifier and tweezers are a big help when handling these parts.

This really. Much easier to order by post and fit than travel to an AD. Saying that, I now have to visit an AD anyway as I also own a Pelagos and I've just noticed the bezel is suffering from the missing lume pip problem