closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any advise on family holiday in UK?

Hybrid View

Any advise on family holiday in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Personally I'd ditch Cornwall and go no further than Devon. Cornwall is obviously lovely, but so is Devon which will save driving, prices, and crowds.

I’d echo that, maybe even ditch Devon and stop in Dorset; it’s a much longer drive from Dover to Cornwall than a similar length journey would be in France, for example.

Should you chose the Norfolk/Suffolk option, both Oxford and Cambridge would be visitable, Brecon would be a bit too far IMHO.

Blog Entries
    With 3 kids like the OP's family, I would always arrange things around them: adolescents are a difficult audience. Endless drives and long walks surrounded only by breathtaking scenery doesn't cut the mustard. I already suggested (van a PM) surflng in / near Wales. But perhaps there are other destinations. A few things that I can come up with: Harry Potter movie locations, Clarkson's Farm (with a lunch), Beaulieu Car Museum, Red Bull's Factory Tour and of course: London.

Ask me this about the Netherlands and without hard thinking, I can come up with 10 spots interesting for older kids. I'm sure that the UK has a lot more to offer than 10. Perhaps this will help the OP's itinerary?
    Last edited by thieuster; 8th February 2024 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    With 3 kids like the OP's family, I would always arrange things around them: adolescents are a difficult audience. Endless drives and long walks surrounded only by breathtaking scenery doesn't cut the mustard. I already suggested (van a PM) surflng in / near Wales. But perhaps there are other destinations. A few things that I can come up with: Harry Potter movie locations, Clarkson's Farm (with a lunch), Beaulieu Car Museum, Red Bull's Factory Tour and of course: London.

Ask me this about the Netherlands and without hard thinking, I can come up with 10 spots interesting for older kids. I'm sure that the UK has a lot more to offer than 10. Perhaps this will help the OP's itinerary?
    If wales is on the agenda I’d recommend going to Go below near the beautiful Betws-Y-Coed

I would definitely go to Cornwall. The beaches are super, and it’s a completely different vibe. The drive is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I would definitely go to Cornwall. The beaches are super, and it’s a completely different vibe. The drive is worth it.
    Definitely we had lots of nice holidays in Cornwall when the kids were little, I’d recommend a boat trip mackerel fishing St Mawes is a nice spot