closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Insurance Shock!

Hybrid View

^ This is what I was thinking. 16 NCD, doesn't really count for much any more. From what I understand, my choice of driving a Fiesta is the main factor of driving my insurance price up simply because it is one of the most popular models of car in the country and therefore have a high number stolen and involved in claims. If I bought a Volvo at 5x the value suddenly my premium halves. Crazy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    ^ This is what I was thinking. 16 NCD, doesn't really count for much any more. From what I understand, my choice of driving a Fiesta is the main factor of driving my insurance price up simply because it is one of the most popular models of car in the country and therefore have a high number stolen and involved in claims. If I bought a Volvo at 5x the value suddenly my premium halves. Crazy.
    It’s a dark art for sure.

Cayman GTS under £160 last year, over £300 this year. Smart car is the same, so very strange how it works.

Also guessing many more young folk out in fiestas & crashing them vs Volvos, which builds a profile of the car. Assume the same sort of balance in my Porsche vs Smart situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    It’s a dark art for sure.

Cayman GTS under £160 last year, over £300 this year. Smart car is the same, so very strange how it works.

Also guessing many more young folk out in fiestas & crashing them vs Volvos, which builds a profile of the car. Assume the same sort of balance in my Porsche vs Smart situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just had the renewal through - 5 vehicles, total cost £2100. Last year £1950. Really can’t complain about that, especially as that includes individual polices for two of the younger children and we’re based in London suburbs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Just had the renewal through - 5 vehicles, total cost £2100. Last year £1950. Really can’t complain about that, especially as that includes individual polices for two of the younger children and we’re based in London suburbs.
    You can’t complain with that at all, nice result.

Mine even with using comparison sites, direct (laughingly expensive) line, AVIVA etc still went up ~45% after cashback today. I was renewing as early as possible (most quote 30 days in advance), gone from ~£300 to ~£430 with no changes I did note was a note than mine is classed a "performance car"- it's a hot hatch which 0-60 is around slower end of most EVs and worth about half/ third compared to a new one- so perhaps no surprise EVs might be more expensive just on performance before consideration of battery, total value etc.

Anyway in case it helps cheapest for me was via TopCashBack (~£70 cheaper than via QuidCo) but did include windscreen cover, courtesy car and 5star defacto in case that helps.
    There is £42 cashback until end of tomorrow https://www.topcashback.co.uk/share/...-car-insurance If you use the link and buy I may get some money back, no worries if you use it or not you can find via TopCashBack landing page and under insurance and cars. Good luck!