closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Championship Fred 23/24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Shouldn't that be "Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger"?

Good win for us today, but we really should have converted more of our chances against Rotherham.
    Yes, in the end it should. Still, at least Ipswich seem to be fading, just need Southampton to have a bad patch four points worse than any Leeds bad patch.

Grand Master
    The next two weeks are season defining for us I think, two tricky away ties and then Leicester at home. Win those three and the run to the end of the season looks easier. Lose more than one and playoffs beckon. If Southampton pip us then the only other team that would worry me in the playoffs is Sunderland , on their day they can be brilliant.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman
    Was anyone here at the saints game as that was a crazy result.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think Southampton are currently a better team than Leicester, they just had a slow start to the season.

Ipswich fading badly though
    Southampton better than Leicester? ;-)

I have 11 reasons as to why that may be inaccurate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    all of you promotion chasers enjoying the limelight!

the bottom is also the usual battle between 4-8 clubs (depending on your thinking).

my lot, QPR, are putting me properly through all of the emotions at the moment. But at least we have picked up a few results to stay in touch with Huddersfiled while Millwall, Stoke, Blackburn and a couple of others are quietly slipping down towards us, shame Brum got rid of Rooney so soon!

we've had 3 6 pointers recently and picked up 2 draws and a defeat, which hasn't helped one bit. We consistently mess up in these games to not close the gap when presented with the opportunity

back to you guys and your promotion dreams!
    Rovrum gone, but anyone from 18 down to 23 just needs to string together 2 or 3 results and they’re safe

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

He did say currently and is correct; in the last six games, Leicester have won four, drawn one and lost one whilst Southampton have won five and drawn one.
    So Southampton have gained 17 points whilst Leicester have gained only 14. Leeds are also on a par with Southampton but I don’t see either team catching Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    He did say currently and is correct; in the last six games, Leicester have won four, drawn one and lost one whilst Southampton have won five and drawn one.
    So Southampton have gained 17 points whilst Leicester have gained only 14. Leeds are also on a par with Southampton but I don’t see either team catching Leicester.
    Yep but also 25 games unbeaten as well.

Looking at fixtures to come, obviously the game at Elland Road will be absolutely massive, but also Southampton go to West Brom next Friday and also go to the King Power stadium in mid March. If I were a Leeds fan looking for where Saints may slip then those would be 2 obvious matches.

I do think that if Southampton or Leeds finish 3rd then I can't see who could live with either in the Play Offs, although there's always a bit of a lottery about that and the final often brings out an unexpected result. But it just looks like the three sides who went down last year are a clear level above the rest in the Championship.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yep but also 25 games unbeaten as well.

Looking at fixtures to come, obviously the game at Elland Road will be absolutely massive, but also Southampton go to West Brom next Friday and also go to the King Power stadium in mid March. If I were a Leeds fan looking for where Saints may slip then those would be 2 obvious matches.

I do think that if Southampton or Leeds finish 3rd then I can't see who could live with either in the Play Offs, although there's always a bit of a lottery about that and the final often brings out an unexpected result. But it just looks like the three sides who went down last year are a clear level above the rest in the Championship.
    As any Leeds fan will tell you we don't want a playoff.
    We were in the first 2nd division playoff in 87 which we lost and have won it since.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Leicester now getting a few back from AFCON which should improve them slightly. Really pleased with Soton comeback against Huddersfield. Bottom is still as competitive as the top, as it is every season in this division.

Millwall, Stoke & Brum by no means safe and plenty of 6 pointer at both ends to come

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Rovrum gone, but anyone from 18 down to 23 just needs to string together 2 or 3 results and they’re safe
    I mean at the present moment. Leicester have been the best team overall and deserve to be where they are, I just think on current form Southampton are on a 25 match unbeaten run and the reason they are 11 points behind Leicester (albeit with a match in hand) is largely due to their terrible start.

Southampton also boast the highest average possession of any team in Europe's top 5 countries (even higher than Man City, Real Madrid, PSG etc) of 66% average possession.

I just think Southampton would be the last team anyone would want to play just now but of course over the whole season the table doesn't lie and Leicester are top for good reason and will get promoted whereas Southampton could see their crazy unbeaten run end and there is a chance Leeds could catch them (I think Ipswich are done now though).
    Last edited by ryanb741; 11th February 2024 at 10:34.