closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Good luck with the C25K fella, just really dial the pace back as much as you can. Your cycling mechanics are quite different from running and although your engine is no doubt great it’s about building strength for a different activity. I see so many new runners who see great gains in speed and then keep the hammer down, injury is inevitable.

Just build miles, really easy miles, lots of miles before loading the body fully. A few strides at the end of your runs when warm will get the body use to leg speed and what it feels like.

I run with some exceptional cyclists who migrate between the two sports extremely well and I threaten every year that I will kick the cycling off but just manage a few rides. They all take the p!as about the work of art hanging on my garage wall constantly, I might shock them this year. LOL.

Enjoy

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Good luck with the C25K fella, just really dial the pace back as much as you can. Your cycling mechanics are quite different from running and although your engine is no doubt great it’s about building strength for a different activity. I see so many new runners who see great gains in speed and then keep the hammer down, injury is inevitable.

Just build miles, really easy miles, lots of miles before loading the body fully. A few strides at the end of your runs when warm will get the body use to leg speed and what it feels like.

I run with some exceptional cyclists who migrate between the two sports extremely well and I threaten every year that I will kick the cycling off but just manage a few rides. They all take the p!as about the work of art hanging on my garage wall constantly, I might shock them this year. LOL.

Enjoy

Pitch
    Thanks for that, a lot of people I cycle with have moved to some extent from running to cycling due to knees etc., but quite a few still do some running.

At one point a few years ago I was doing both quite regularly and although only running twice a week was building nicely to a 1h45 half as my endurance levels from cycling were high. Annoyingly injured my knee (unrelated to either) two weeks before the event and that was that!

My trouble is I'm a bit one paced so struggle to go slow or fast...my running intervals at the moment are around 5:15-5:30/km which is what feels comfortable...full gas I'm probably 5:00/km plus or minus a bit!