closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazim Kenzo strikes again

Journeyman

Kazim Kenzo strikes again

Gent posted this pic on another forum.
    Can't wait to see how much this "gem" costs. Nice rip off of a Seiko vent strap too.

Re: Kazim Kenzo strikes again

Not seen that one before :?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

What an ugly mf! :tongue6:

Quote Originally Posted by JCJM
    What an ugly mf! :tongue6:
    indeed..

:shock: eek... what the hell have they done to the lugs!!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by davec

Gent posted this pic on another forum.
    Can't wait to see how much this "gem" costs. Nice rip off of a Seiko vent strap too.
    I beleive it costs 1490 euros

Blog Entries

Well... the lugs look awful. :?

Master

I prefer the watch in the background.

Pete

I kind of like it.

Oh my :?
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim71
    I beleive it costs 1490 euros
    Whilst I'm a dive watch fan, I can think of many other watches that would be a contender for my 1490 Euros.

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Vince will like the colourful splashes :D
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Master

Don't get the Kenzo (amongst others of that ilk) thing at all I'm afraid, that looks particularly ghastly IMO.
    cheers
    Mark

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Although I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at!

Dave.

I love the lugs and the crown shields with their allen key access. It gives the watch a sort of "system" style, where parts could be removed and changed to suit your situation or mood.

I would hope that idea extended to the face which I'm not a fan of.

I can see the appeal, especially with a Doxalike dial.

Gren

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Gren
    I love the lugs and the crown shields with their allen key access. It gives the watch a sort of "system" style, where parts could be removed and changed to suit your situation or mood.
    The allen key compatible lug screws are a great idea for ease of changing straps and avoiding damage to the watch case; however their oversize proportions are pretty ugly. Wonder why more watch manufacturers have not employed allen key screw heads for this purpose?

Not my thing at all. Really not sure about the bezel in particular, though.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com

I'm trying hard to think of something I like about it...........

........still trying.........

Nope, no matter how hard I try, it still looks all bad.

Master

I would buy it if it were a 99.- Euro Seiko Monster. Otherwise no no no.

Master

Is that some kind of sci-fi time piece and really it should be fitted with a red lcd display :shock: I feel that's not going to purchased by any members of this forum.

Just remembered Hari did say he liked it :shock: so may be one member could be putting his name down!!!

he should have at least made the screwhead flush with the lugs...i've never like the protruding "bolt' look.

this is the first time i've seen the model in the foreground. the one in the background is a just released model...neither does anything for me, i'm afraid.

Journeyman

I'll never own a watch sold by Kenzo, Watchmaster, ex-watchmaster, xkenzo or any of his other aliases. Do your research before you buy. :evil:

Blog Entries

Just plain ugly.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon
    I'll never own a watch sold by Kenzo, Watchmaster, ex-watchmaster, xkenzo or any of his other aliases. Do your research before you buy. :evil:
    You forgot to pull the pin from the grenade you threw in the room. :roll:
    Seems I was reading a thread or two recently about our fearless leader/watchmaker where others are having a go, so for watchmaking detente, you have to provide a basis for your claim. I hit google and didn't find a thing. Thanks in advance.
    I have a grenade too - perhaps you can answer whether the 58 click bezel on the new Ocean7 LM-7 PloPlof hommage allows the bezel to line up - I read people could care less about the number of clicks, but surely it means the bezel doesn't line up correctly? If so, that's up there with the Korsbek penis on the caseback. :twisted:
    I also just read this which, to me ,is a pretty bold 'eff you' to 'people who paid deposits and bought my watches in the beginning' comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by From WUS 07 owner/Director of Marketing or something
    I think it also important to remind everyone that the OCEAN7 forum is a brand forum that is paid advertising. It is very expensive advertising because Ernie has made WUS a great success. It will continue as long as it has value to the company, and for no other reason. It is an excellent medium to tap the knowledge of the watch enthusiast community, but it is becoming a smaller and smaller part of the company's total sales compared to retail sales. The OCEAN7 forum (and other brand forums) is not an open forum for members to say whatever they want. With that thought, realize that negative posts on open forums can be and have been very positive advertising for us, bringing the curious to OCEAN7 because they judge things for themselves. From now on, this policy will be much more strongly enforced.
    I hope I didn't quote oute out of context, but even Kobold wasn't quite so rude or brazen when he decided to move away away or was thinking about expanding his business from being internet/forum based. Kind of sad. :cry:

Blog Entries

That's the other side of course.... :blackeye:
    I started my watch addiction with fakes, and those nicknames do ring a bell....

Luckily those times are over and that book is closed for me.

Kenzo's had a bit of bad luck: he can't even use his own name for his watches because it's already registered by either LVMH or Richemont and they warned him off. He also got a letter from Patek Philippe about using "Nautilus" on an earlier model. I think he had to scrap a few cases and dials.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Kenzo's had a bit of bad luck: he can't even use his own name for his watches because it's already registered by either LVMH or Richemont and they warned him off. He also got a letter from Patek Philippe about using "Nautilus" on an earlier model. I think he had to scrap a few cases and dials.

Eddie
    Man, you aren't kidding. With all the hoopla regarding copyright infringement in the watch world, at what point did he think naming a dive watch "Nautilus" would be a good idea? As for the model posted ... I'd have to pass on that one. - David

I agree Eddie, Its a bit short sighted to pick such obvious watch names, but I guess we all got to try stuff.

As to this one, its flawed but then many of the boutique watches round this price point have some issues. Would I buy this one, no. But perhaps its an early study and the bezel and lugs will change. My issue with the lugs is that you cant fit aftermarket straps and bracelets, of which I have a collection now.

Craftsman

Hi,

I had the chance of trying the new Kazimons in Maastricht the last week-end. Personally, I do prefer the Eintausend (actually I like it very much :) ), but I must admit that I do like Kazim's approach with the Fuenfhundert to try something different. What I can say is that the quality of these models is great and esp. the Eintausend sits perfectly on my arm. The quoted price for the Fuenfhundert btw. is 1.190 Euro.

all the best

Jan

may i clear some points:
    The only problem was that i used my last name on one site of my web apearance without my first name.
    But i never put my name on any of my watches and never was offering my watches using a brandname, which at that time did not even make watches. Also the now selling watches which are not comparable with my quality.
    To avoid further struggle with any big companys i decided to change the brand name which is now also a trademark.

By the way there is also a new ruling:
    http://class46.blogspot.com/2008/12/cfi ... ecker.html

Thanks for your attention.
    Kazim Kenzo
    http://www.kazimon.com

Blog Entries

Thanks for clearing that up :) .
    My dad is a European trade-mark attorney, so I know a bit about that ruling.

Good luck with the business.

Cheers,

Daddel.

Hey Kazim welcome aboard !!

Received today the 5-link band i ordered from you last week LOL :D

Some more pics. I like it more. Just far too many watches at that price point though :(

http://www.kazimon.com/december2008/index.html

Master

I don't own any Kenzo watches so I'm wondering what the bashing is about. I always read good things about his watches. I can't say I go for his designs but, as far as aliase's Cannon or Malyel which ever you prefer, state your position. Ocean7 seems to have alot more issues then any Kenzo ever had.
    I have no brand loyalty here I don't own either. In the 2 years I have spent reading on forums Kenzo has gotten great reviews and like I said I don't care for his designs. On the other hand Ocean 7 has taken alot of criticism and I like their designs. Given Cannon AKA Malyel seems to be the poster boy for Ocean7 and probably gets something out of it from Mitch I'm wondering what the actual problem is? So I ask again state the facts?

Quote Originally Posted by jk103
    I don't own any Kenzo watches so I'm wondering what the bashing is about. I always read good things about his watches. I can't say I go for his designs but, as far as aliase's Cannon or Malyel which ever you prefer, state your position. Ocean7 seems to have alot more issues then any Kenzo ever had.
    I have no brand loyalty here I don't own either. In the 2 years I have spent reading on forums Kenzo has gotten great reviews and like I said I don't care for his designs. On the other hand Ocean 7 has taken alot of criticism and I like their designs. Given Cannon AKA Malyel seems to be the poster boy for Ocean7 and probably gets something out of it from Mitch I'm wondering what the actual problem is? So I ask again state the facts?
    Hey,
    im new here, well not really just always been more of a lurker. :D :D But yea, wats with canon, malyel and o7? does he work for them? seems hes the official flagbearer for 07 in every forum ( at least the ones ive been ) wats the deal? If your just a big fan, the very least u can do is show other brands the decent courtesy they have of 07. Not cool man, not cool at all! :evil: :evil:

btw for the record i think kenzo's watches r great. Well they might not be very original ( reused fricker cases ) but how about the new caseback tool, doggy tag etc2. Well everyone have to start somewhere yea? Give him a break. :D :D
    p.s i think the 500 looks nicer in this pic?

Journeyman

I like it :drunken:

I'm surprised none of you remember that I offered this to the forum in 2006 but nobody wanted it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16869&p=182041#p182041

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

I'm surprised none of you remember that I offered this to the forum in 2006 but nobody wanted it.

Eddie
    Try this link instead:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16869&p=182041

Oh. Oooooh!

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Blog Entries

Eddie
    :lol: :lol: ,

I wasn't around back then, but that's indeed it's look-alike.
    Let's see if the world is ready for this design by now.

Cheers,

Daddel.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    Oh. Oooooh!

Now that does look good. So much more interesting then the endless fliegers. Interestingly that dial design works better on this piece then the DN-u-like 1000, which IMHO itself is not at all bad and perhaps the best DN-u-like yet?

Eddie

:lol: As ugly now as then.

Cant say i like the EINS either.

Far more attractive now than it was then. That one without a rotating bezel pictured above is superb.

These are interesting and fresh-looking designs, whatever their origin.

Journeyman

So I ask again state the facts?
    On Kenzo's old website he said " "My background is Architecture and magazine design. My eye for design pulled me into collecting watches. After collecting for a few years and making some custom made watches I decided to start my own brand."

Hmmm, Maybe you should ask what kind of "custom made" watches Kenzo, Xkenzo, Watchmaster, Ex-watchmaster made?

On a side note, I love this Xkenzo post from another forum where he asks how he can copy the website design from a different watch manufacturer for his website.

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/forums/i ... hread/429/

"can anybody help me.
    how can i do a website like this http://www.magrette.com/ with rapidweaver?

i want that the header images changes like on that site.

thanks for any help."

After comparing the Kazimon site and the Magrette watch site I think XKenzo figured out how to copy their design but that's not why I will never buy a watch from Kenzo, watchmaster, Xkenzo, XWM.

Master

So I ask again state the facts?
    On Kenzo's old website he said " "My background is Architecture and magazine design. My eye for design pulled me into collecting watches. After collecting for a few years and making some custom made watches I decided to start my own brand."

Hmmm, Maybe you should ask what kind of "custom made" watches Kenzo, Xkenzo, Watchmaster, Ex-watchmaster made?

On a side note, I love this Xkenzo post from another forum where he asks how he can copy the website design from a different watch manufacturer for his website.

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/forums/i ... hread/429/

"can anybody help me.
    how can i do a website like this http://www.magrette.com/ with rapidweaver?

i want that the header images changes like on that site.

thanks for any help."

After comparing the Kazimon site and the Magrette watch site I think XKenzo figured out how to copy their design but that's not why I will never buy a watch from Kenzo, watchmaster, Xkenzo, XWM.
    Copying watch designs happens everyday. As long as it has a different name on the dial it's called a homage. Most people on watch forums accept these and to each his own. If you don't like copied designs thats fair but his CS has been reported as great and all his watches well built. I think next time you should report the reason firsthand as to your dislike :wink: .

Also, borrowing and copying ideas from other websites is very very common. People like to borrow successful designs and incorporate them for their own benefit. Since the dawn of time its happened, ever hear of trademarks and patents, it's because competitors like to borrow :wink: .

Journeyman

As long as it has a different name on the dial it's called a homage. :wink: .
    As I said in my post, the copying of the Magrette website is not the reason why I will not buy watches from Kenzo, Xkenzo, Watchmaster, etc. However, the link more importantly does show that he uses XKenzo as an alias. :wink:

first of all, dion from magrette watches is a good friend of mine.
    so he has not any problems if i ask about a technical issue on a webprogramm forum to solve it.
    and he allowed me to borrow good ideas. :lol:

Whoever has no sin should cast the first stone. ...

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by kazimkenzo
    Whoever has no sin should cast the first stone. ...
    How do you think your customers would feel about your past sins Kenzo, Xkenzo, Watchmaster, X-watchmaster? Just because you have decided to go clean does that wipe away your past transgressions?

Journeyman
    London - just follow the sounds of champagne corks and screaming.

How do you think your customers would feel about your past sins Kenzo, Xkenzo, Watchmaster, X-watchmaster? Just because you have decided to go clean does that wipe away your past transgressions?
    What sins and transgressions would those be, exactly? I'm getting a little bored with all the insinuations, so if you've got something of substance to say now might be a good time to man up and say it.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

I also am fed up with the sniping here, cannon grow a pair, either put up or shut up!

FWIW I dealt with kazim earlier this year when I bought a custom cushion case and had a faultless transaction.
    my 2p

cheers
    mike :wink: