closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Rumours

Threaded View

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    New kid on the block, lighter, brushed. Will be the one to have and divides the sub family choices up this watering down already falling values
    I respect a lot of your opinions but this one seems unrealistic.

Submariner of any iteration are unlikely to be in the window for a while. Whilst there isn’t the same appetite from grey dealers to offer overs on them, there are still people out there who can’t get on the list (currently….) and would pay a small amount of overs to get their hands on one. The price increases will make that happen.

Whilst the”pick it up and sell to Watchfinder for 2k profit” flippers have gone, there are still people on here”getting the call” and buying watches. I can see a lot of pragmatic buyers on here (and have experienced silly offers….) who don’t want to pay for a used watch when they think they’ll soon get a call for a new one at a similar price, and I understand that.

Anyway, If it follows the Yachtmaster it will be 2k more expensive than the stainless, will be made in much smaller numbers and of course will be unavailable (I don’t remember a single person on the forum picking one up yet and my AD in Manchester has said that they have had ONE WATCH since its launch for a well known premiership footballer who has a huge annual spend) coupled to the fact that the price increases coming thick and fast.

My AD in Manchester has told me on several occasions that the days of every call to the first person on the list, and them saying “YES” immediately, are gone and with some watches, it can be the 8th, 9th, 12th, 20th person that says yes but that's Yachtmasters, Explorer2, Airking, Datejust, blue OP etc, hot stuff like Subs, GMT, skydweller et al are first or second call “Yes”’s

I bought a sub (ND) in Nov 21 from my AD it was 6450 iirc. and it’s now over 8k, in just over 2 years. I don’t expect I could sell it for more/much more than current list if I decided to (certainly WF for example wouldn’t be giving me 9750 like they did for my 114060 in late 2022….) but I can’t see a titanium unobtainable version will cripple the value as they still aren’t obtainable and people still want to buy them.

Still, it’s only an opinion.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 13th March 2024 at 10:39.