closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Hybrid View

I am dipping my toe in what may prove a dangerous slope.

I ordered 1kg of pizza sourdough from "my" baker. He will make it on Friday and I'll get it on Saturday, in time for an afternoon feast in the egg with a few friends.

As you can see (the egg) it is not going to be a walk in the park.

If one of the regular participants to this thread could summarise the pitfalls I might want to watch out for and a recommended list of ingredients, I would appreciate (I have followed the thread but it's now 50+ pages long...)

TIA
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

I ordered 1kg of pizza sourdough from "my" baker. He will make it on Friday and I'll get it on Saturday, in time for an afternoon feast in the egg with a few friends.

If one of the regular participants to this thread could summarise the pitfalls I might want to watch out for and a recommended list of ingredients, I would appreciate (I have followed the thread but it's now 50+ pages long...)

TIA
    No photo of the egg?

It is a long while since I used my egg for pizza, but I wasn’t doing the blisteringly quick Neapolitan style, bit thicker and slower.

Hardest part with the egg is you can’t see how it’s cooking without peeking and losing the heat.

From memory I used the BGE time & temp from their recipe page. Best of luck with it.

As you’re not launching quite the same, or turning, many pitfalls are avoided! I found the pizza trays / screens easiest as can just place them on the stone.

Think place setter was feet down, to get the pizza higher into the dome.

TIA
    I cook pizza pretty regularly on the egg.

My method is pretty simple but always seems to work well.

Light egg and leave open for 15 mins until charcoal well lit with flames appearing.

Put in pizza stone close lid and open all vents to max.

Waiting until temp builds to 575F-600F (takes about 30 mins on my XL egg). I find 30 mins is required to get the pizza stone hot so if yours gets to temp quicker, leave for 30 mins.

Burp the egg and put in the pizza.

After 2 mins lift the lid and spin the pizza around 180 degrees. It should move freely on the pizza stone. Close lid.

The pizza will be done after a further 4-6 minutes. I check mine by looking down on it through the top open vent.

I also do Naan bread using a similar method.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I cook pizza pretty regularly on the egg.

My method is pretty simple but always seems to work well.

Light egg and leave open for 15 mins until charcoal well lit with flames appearing.

Put in pizza stone close lid and open all vents to max.

Waiting until temp builds to 575F-600F (takes about 30 mins on my XL egg). I find 30 mins is required to get the pizza stone hot so if yours gets to temp quicker, leave for 30 mins.

Burp the egg and put in the pizza.

After 2 mins lift the lid and spin the pizza around 180 degrees. It should move freely on the pizza stone. Close lid.

The pizza will be done after a further 4-6 minutes. I check mine by looking down on it through the top open vent.

I also do Naan bread using a similar method.

Good luck!

Very good tips, thank you!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Very good tips, thank you!
    No problem! I forgot to say I set up the egg like this:

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk