closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home office reno and desk set-up

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Sorry to hear the new normal wasn’t onside last night.

Sonos isn’t integrated at all, it’s a stand alone speaker integrated through the house vs anything to do with my office. Think it’s the Play 3 where they start with an Aux input and that’s way too large.

I’ve tried BT speakers before with the Mac, but found the speaker turns off through lack of input noise & it just annoyed me - perhaps my choice of trial speaker, who knows.

I found a VESA mount to centralise the monitor better, and allow a halo to fit, but then really need the desk & monitor central against the wall for artwork to work above it.

Have now realised why my desk was offset in the first place, bloody stabiliser bar at the exact height of the sockets. So if I shift the desk to the left I can’t use them & don’t want to run an extension across half the room to bring power from the opposite corner.

So until I change my desk, my office upgrade has hit a bit of a wall for now. Feck!

I’ve barely slept since I got back from hospital, Matt - it’s partly physical, partly psychological. I’m very, very tired at the moment though.

Don’t give up on centralising the desk just yet. If you got a short extension for that socket, you’d only have to pull the desk out by about 2-3 inches to clear the single plug that would be in there. Could it work for you on every basis? Otherwise, it would take an electrician less than half an hour to shift the socket for you and you’d just have to make good the wall.

It was the speakers you were using, btw.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 19th March 2024 at 08:53.