Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
I’ve barely slept since I got back from hospital, Matt - it’s partly physical, partly psychological. I’m very, very tired at the moment though.

Don’t give up on centralising the desk just yet. If you got a short extension for that socket, you’d only have to pull the desk out by about 2-3 inches to clear the single plug that would be in there. Could it work for you on every basis? Otherwise, it would take an electrician less than half an hour to shift the socket for you and you’d just have to make good the wall.

It was the speakers you were using, btw.
Hope you can get some rest soon mate, but yeah it’s probably a combination of factors and the newness of it all. Am sure you will get there, just be patient - wasn’t long ago you were in a very worse way.

The desk is somewhat fashion over form and unless pushed to the skirting board has a bit of movement, so would have to get the socket shifted. Only just decorated too, joy.

Monitor is not central on the desk either, and as it has a hole for cables to go through, can’t use the existing arm mount as nothing for the front to clamp onto if I removed the plastic vent for the cables.

Will have a think about approach and a new desk may have to be the start point. Nothing wrong with what I’ve got, just want to tweak.

Thanks on the speakers, was prob me being at the lower end of the price spectrum when I was initially spending.