closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home office reno and desk set-up

Hybrid View

Glad to see you have been improving your home working setup Tony, it makes all the difference. I hope your health improves enough to be able to enjoy it.

I went down this rabbit hole over Covid and upgraded to a sit stand desk and a second hand Aeron chair.

I tried a 34w monitor but realised I needed the height too. Experimented with two 34w monitors but didn't like the frames and angles so went with a taller 44 inch Dell monitor which is perfect. Basically like four 24 inch monitors and no frames. Didn't want to go for an ultra wide as I didn't want to compromise on stereo speaker positioning.

My best purchase though were some Genelec studio monitors, the best AV purchase I have ever made. I use them all day now. Didn't take me long to supplement with the matching low profile subwoofer. Close your eyes and they sound like huge full range monitors! Love them.

I think the curves really match the design of the Aeron too.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Completely agree, and you sound like you're quite well catered for yourself. Any photos of the desk setup and the view from the window?

I think that the medical issues I've faced of late have made me want a kind of new start now I'm home and working properly again. I've thrown a fair bit of money at this project (not totted it all up as yet, but it will be well over a grand), but it's worth it to me in order to get the space absolutely perfectly arranged for my own taste and (of course) use case. I haven't been as excited about a project for a long time, in fact (and there's loads more still to come in terms of physical adjustments as well as kit)!
    You deserve it, even without the recent challenges, you spend long enough in there to make it perfect for you. No excuses for dark photos now though with the Halo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Glad to see you have been improving your home working setup Tony, it makes all the difference. I hope your health improves enough to be able to enjoy it.

I went down this rabbit hole over Covid and upgraded to a sit stand desk and a second hand Aeron chair.

I tried a 34w monitor but realised I needed the height too. Experimented with two 34w monitors but didn't like the frames and angles so went with a taller 44 inch Dell monitor which is perfect. Basically like four 24 inch monitors and no frames. Didn't want to go for an ultra wide as I didn't want to compromise on stereo speaker positioning.

My best purchase though were some Genelec studio monitors, the best AV purchase I have ever made. I use them all day now. Didn't take me long to supplement with the matching low profile subwoofer. Close your eyes and they sound like huge full range monitors! Love them.

Screen looks a normal side until you use the Aeron as a reference. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you very much-you might even get to see it one day!

That monitor of yours is bloody enormous. It doesn’t help my current commitment to staying with my current screen.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 20th March 2024 at 02:45.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thank you very much-you might even get to see it one day!

That monitor of yours is bloody enormous. It doesn’t help my current commitment to staying with my current screen.
    Absolutely!

I do use the space all the time, it's useful.

Master
    Absolutely!

I do use the space all the time, it's useful.

You’ve already got me thinking of a new solution.

I find even with my significantly smaller screen, if I share on teams, I have to zoom in so much for people on a laptop that I need to be several feet from my screen to be able to see it properly.

Is there something in my / their settings I’m missing to prevent this? Or do my work colleagues just need to man up & stop using a small laptop screen on their salaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    You’ve already got me thinking of a new solution.

I find even with my significantly smaller screen, if I share on teams, I have to zoom in so much for people on a laptop that I need to be several feet from my screen to be able to see it properly.

Is there something in my / their settings I’m missing to prevent this? Or do my work colleagues just need to man up & stop using a small laptop screen on their salaries?

I'd say the latter!

Master
    I'd say the latter!

I sense you are correct.

They offered us 22in monitors from the office to help set up our home work stations. How generous, and no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I sense you are correct.

They offered us 22in monitors from the office to help set up our home work stations. How generous, and no thanks.

Ha you can buy them for about 50 quid...