closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First Porsche

Hybrid View

Master
    [QUOTE=paw3001;6369956]No photos yet…disappointed!/QUOTE]

Oh go on then.

I don’t keep the wing up, was freshly washed!

Bought just before first lockdown and still feels special every time I start it up, in a way my M4 never did, but the Z4M always did - something about it just being unique as a platform and not a more powerful version of a rep mobile, god knows.

M4 always wanted to kill me, this inspires so much confidence it is almost a danger from the other end of the spectrum.

I’m currently in the same situation flitting between 981, 718 and 991.

The question of mileage is one I’ve been trying to get my head around. Of course a well maintained high mileage car is fine and arguably all cars are better when not sat stationary for prolonged periods, so I’m not against them. However the cars with 70k plus on them seem to hang around for sale for some time so it appears the Porsche market don’t like high miles, even though 981 and 991 are more than 10 years old now.

I’m just conscious of buying one in that 70k bracket then it nearing 100k when I eventually want a change!

Ross

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstam View Post
    The question of mileage is one I’ve been trying to get my head around. Of course a well maintained high mileage car is fine and arguably all cars are better when not sat stationary for prolonged periods, so I’m not against them. However the cars with 70k plus on them seem to hang around for sale for some time so it appears the Porsche market don’t like high miles
    I think that's true of all s/h cars to be honest, though doubtless slightly pronounced in that sector. One reads on the age/mileage equation that newer/higher mileage is generally better than older/lower mileage etc, but somehow when it comes to buying it's hard not to fetishise mileage as a simple index of 'worn' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigstam View Post
    I’m currently in the same situation flitting between 981, 718 and 991.

I’m just conscious of buying one in that 70k bracket then it nearing 100k when I eventually want a change!

Ross
    This is exactly the thoughts I have.

The other nagging thought is 'investment' potential, which clouds judgment. I guess a 'properly' specced 981 S is the sweet spot from that POV.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    This is exactly the thoughts I have.

The other nagging thought is 'investment' potential, which clouds judgment. I guess a 'properly' specced 981 S is the sweet spot from that POV.
    Zero investment potential.
    If you mean which will depreciate the least it will be the 981.

Master
    Spring is coming, really looking forward to getting this out of the garage again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Zero investment potential.
    If you mean which will depreciate the least it will be the 981.
    That's exactly what I meant.

Master
    Lovely
    Enjoy it.