Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
Bradford on Avon is a frickin' nightmare. The out laws live nearby so we've been there a lot.

Looks pretty on the outside but traffic is horrendous and whenever we've visited it's choking. In fact every town/village we've been to in that area is choked with traffic at all hours.

And it seems to be solely populated by a mix of la di da middle class hippies, rich Tory pensioners and the poverty stricken unemployed. Drug problems. Crime problems. Unemployment problems.

And it's so white. Even as a white family we find it unnerving being surrounded by so many people of the same ethnicity. Give me the diversity of a city any day.

The irony is that the out laws are always saying to us, "I don't know how you can live in London with all the traffic and crime."

I'd be looking at the areas where the kids go to university and see if any of those suit.
Thanks and that is one of the things that we don’t want - ie lack of diversity. We aren’t white so it matters to us.
One child is at Uni in Cardiff and the other will be in London. We do like Cardiff and the areas around there. We’ve lived in London before and although my wife would be happy to move back, I don’t think we’d get the same sort of size and facilities that we’d want back in London.
Hence why looking at a Uni town/city as you get some diversity just due to the students being there.
Any other suggestions and insights of places keep ‘em coming.