Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
Wimborne Minster is pleasant. Within easy reach of Bournemouth and Poole, Shaftesbury, Dorchester etc. New Forest too…
I think this is a pretty good idea, I would extend it to say somewhere between Winchester and Wimborne (Winchester, Romsey, Brockenhurst, Lymington, Southbourne, parts of Poole, Wimborne all fairly popular for people relocating IMO) depending on the property you want and priorities. I've recently relocated that way from London for work and there are quite a few people who have done the same.

Reasonably large student population in Bournemouth/Southampton which adds to the diversity (though still less diverse than I would like), all fairly near or on the coast, nice walks in the New Forest/South Downs and Winchester has quite nice shopping with some in Bournemouth and Southampton depending on what you want to buy. Within 2 hours of Waterloo on a direct train from most of those places and fairly easy access to the M3/M27

Downside is most of those places have London type pricing with parts of Poole costing more than a lot of London in £/sqft measures. Traffic in the summer can be bad and isn't great at any time on the southern parts of the M3, Ringwood or throughout Poole and Bournemouth and IMO everyone who isn't a student seems a lot older than me (though that might also apply to you!)