A really interesting range of home office set ups. Having spent lockdown and the aftermath camping in my son's bedroom when we moved house I set aside the box room (about 2.3m x 1.8m) for my home office. There was only one option for the location of the desk and working facing the window isn't much of a problem as the blind helps regulate the light (works well for video calls). I can get a bit distracted by the view.

It took some time to assemble everything. I bought a set of sit stand legs for the desk. However standard desk tops weren't a good fit and I wanted to make the most of the width of the room so I chose a custom size. I looked at various materials but ended up with bamboo. The place from where I bought it cut it to size and cut two grommet holes in it. The off cuts became the shelves, the brackets for which I found on Etsy. I had to varnish the Bamboo which took me a few weeks over the summer. It came up a treat and is a lovely, tactile surface.

I bought a powered desk grommet which helps with easily swapping out gear (my son games there at weekends and can change easily between work and home laptops). It also has an HDMI socket and a wireless charger.

I would love to ditch the printer as it takes up so much space but it is used regularly so will have to stay.

It seems I need to up my game on the keyboard and mouse front as I am using standard company issue. I would also like a better laptop stand so am on the look out for one of those.

There is one corner that still needs sorting. Hopefully a small comfy chair and some more storage for my camera gear and watch stuff.

And then there is the wall space on which I want to hang some more pictures and photos but all in good time.