closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fascinating old stuff.

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Now, I’ve always loved the look of anything that’s got history, particularly if it’s made from natural materials, wood, leather, that sort of thing. A couple of months ago, we moved into a place that’s very old in parts, possibly 300 years. I’m keen to keep the feel of that part of the house so I’ve taken the odd opportunity to call into places selling old house clearance stuff etc. On Saturday, I visited a local ‘vintage emporium’ and this caught my eye;

It measures approx 14”x12” so wouldn’t have been a suitcase, maybe a very early briefcase. I’m thinking a sympathetic clean and leather feed would do it good. Then, it might make a great watch box with the addition of a thick foam pad.

I haven’t found much in the way of usable furniture for my new home yet, but I love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a couple of small suitcases that are not much bigger than a briefcase, and have been in the family since the 1940s at least. I also wonder what they were used for, perhaps overnight stays? Can't find much on google but perhaps the TZ hive mind will know.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I have a couple of small suitcases that are not much bigger than a briefcase, and have been in the family since the 1940s at least. I also wonder what they were used for, perhaps overnight stays? Can't find much on google but perhaps the TZ hive mind will know.
    My late Dad was in the Royal Navy in WWII and they were issued with attache cases for their personal belongings when they went on leave.

Sounds like it could be one of those.
    Cheers,
    Neil.