closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SIPP's and tracker funds

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Yeah agreed; something I need to come back to read and digest a bit more of I think.
    I don’t do much investing myself, as having not long bought a house I’m not exactly flush with cash, but am trickling some money into a lifetime ISA, which I’ll add to more over the years.
    I’ve picked a risky portfolio for the ISA, but interesting to see how else I could look into funds, so thanks for that.
    Just a heads up, as you're a property owner already then if you're a higher rate tax payer you'd likely be better off putting your extra money into a pension than a LISA. More money in the pot that way.

Thanks to this thread, I've done a little digging on my own pension arrangement.

I've been pretty good lately when it comes to getting money into the pot, but I'll confess to not giving much thought to what's happening inside the pot. There is some optionality on funds available to me through my workplace pension, and of course the SIPP route.

As it stands, it's all in a Global Equity Fund, and in keeping with Montello's post it turns out it's quite USA centric. Returns seem decent, albeit below the 'benchmark' (although beyond me what the benchmark is set by), and fees seem OK at 0.11% (although some of the fund options are half that, others more than double). I'm not sure I'm any closer to a decision to change anything, but I'm at least a bit better informed now I've done some digging!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well done for taking a look, that must be some sort of global active fund, that seems to be underperforming the index / benchmark.
    Last edited by Montello; 27th March 2024 at 00:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Just a heads up, as you're a property owner already then if you're a higher rate tax payer you'd likely be better off putting your extra money into a pension than a LISA. More money in the pot that way.
    Appreciate the heads up, but already paying into a DB scheme at work so this is just in addition to that.