Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
That is a large gap in performance though I’d be surprised if it is actively managed at that fee rate. Does the fund fact sheet state the aim of the fund M1011? Perhaps it’s only to “loosely” track but with some freedom?
Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
I see the sector allocation blurb talks of underlying funds, so M1011's investment is in a "fund of funds" - perhaps that precludes accurate tracking of any one particular index - it uses "Global Equity Benchmark" but references a note on page 4 so presumably that's the nearest/most appropriate index benchmark applicable. Although the gains lag the benchmark in good years, at least the losses in 2022 were less!
Below seems to be relevant info, but to be honest I'm not sure. Given the option I think I'd want to track as close as possible, but this seems the best of the pre-canned workplace pension options available to me.

Investment Objective
The Fund aims to provide long term growth.
The Fund mainly invests in company shares, also known as equities, from around the world. Investing mostly in equities means that
the Fund's value can change a lot in a short period of time. For this reason, it may not be a suitable choice if you'd like a more
stable fund or if you're close to retiring

Benchmark performance shown in our tables and charts is for comparison purposes only and is based on Total Returns, which
assumes the reinvestment of any income. The benchmark will not include any costs and charges that apply to the Fund, which could be
a reason why the performance of the Fund may not exactly match the performance of the benchmark.

Benchmark constituents:
- From 01/11/2023: 44% MSCI World Index, 44% MSCI World Index GBP Hedged, 12% MSCI Emerging Markets
- From 16/03/2018 to 31/10/2023: MSCI All Country World Index
- Prior to 16/03/2018: 30% FTSE All-Share Index & 70% FTSE AW - All World (ex UK) Index (75% hedged)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
Appreciate the heads up, but already paying into a DB scheme at work so this is just in addition to that.
I believe you can have both DB and DC if you wish, could set up a SIPP. If hypothetically you're a higher rate tax payer, , putting 5k annually in a LISA costs you 4k, whereas putting 5k annually in a DC pension would cost you 3k. Worth a thought although may not be right for you of course.