closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Someone please talk me out of it.
    I have a lovely Triumph Street Triple RS.

The TST RS is on my radar.....seriously tempted.

Master
    Sort of lost my mojo with the project over the last couple of weeks, probably due to the crap weather. So today I gave myself a kick up the bum, and got out into the garage. Just playing about with some wiring and planning my kellerman install. Got them wired up temporarily just to check everything works, and now that I know it does I can crack on and start fitting them properly. Fiddly work, but will look good when it’s done

Last edited by Enoch; 28th March 2024 at 16:48.

Master
    Wow bit a difference from stock ^^^^^^^^^ to your Kellerman set up

Master
    Yes Steve. The stock lights are also going on albeit under the seat. The kellermans are very bright but only when you’re looking directly at them as in the photos. I’m not convinced that on their own, they give other road users a fair chance of seeing what your intentions are when turning or braking. I’m quite surprised that they’re legal and comply with TUV and EU regs as a single source of rear lighting. But then again I’ve seen a few brands of cars where the indicator is tiny and partially hidden when the car is braking.

The new BMW bikes are the same, to the point that a company has developed a device that switches the brake light off on the side that’s indicating.

https://www.weisertechnik.co.uk/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

The new BMW bikes are the same, to the point that a company has developed a device that switches the brake light off on the side that’s indicating.

Yeah, I fitted the Weiser wizards to my GS. Having followed a few GS's, I'm convinced the stock turn signal/brake combo light is just flat out adding unnecessary risk.

Yes Steve. The stock lights are also going on albeit under the seat. The kellermans are very bright but only when you’re looking directly at them as in the photos. I’m not convinced that on their own, they give other road users a fair chance of seeing what your intentions are when turning or braking. I’m quite surprised that they’re legal and comply with TUV and EU regs as a single source of rear lighting. But then again I’ve seen a few brands of cars where the indicator is tiny and partially hidden when the car is braking.

For the ultimate in not signaling your intentions ride a vintage machine. My Rapide has 6v electrics, no indicators and an anemic stop light only operated from the rear brake, however it does make you concentrate on how you're riding, leaving large gaps between you and anyone else and giving clear hand signals!

Thanks for that. I think I'll get a rear module for my M1000R
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

That's what MY garage was meant to look like ! You're starting to annoy me !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That's what MY garage was meant to look like ! You're starting to annoy me !

Needs a tidy up, but it’s to wet to leave everything outside whilst I do it👍