Not showing off but I'm a veteran Porsche owner. 3 x 986, 2 x 987, 981, 997TBO and 992GTS. I currently own a 964 & 718 4.0GTS. Also own a XC60. I think I know where you're coming from.

From what you've said, a standard 991 or 981 would be a good choice. You get the 6 cylinders and these care are a little more refined than 987/997.

RPM are expensive. Friends green, MR sportscars and Ray Northway in particular are good people to deal with. Servicing is cost effective with good independents. Finding the right spec is very important. You want to be enjoying the car, not lamenting the wrong spec. If you're bothered about out and out performance an 'S' model is important, if you just want to pootle around a standard model is fine.

With the 981 or 991 miles is not a problem. A poor history is. History is everything. My ideal choice for an older car is perfect history with good independents. If you're doing miles then buy low mileage, if you're not then high mileage is ok.

To understand how simple maintenance is, this is a good set of videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wfvhS5clTdOjY_

if you want a helping hand on WhatsApp, PM me your mobile. I don't check in often on the forum.