closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London Surprised How Nice

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Anywhere beyond plausibly the first couple of zones, say 1 to 2, some parts of 3, isn't really urban London proper once out beyond that it's residential, suburban, London adjacent. Get out to zone 5, 6 say, you might as well be living in the country, somewhat tongue in cheek, but only somewhat.

By the end of a long week, fighting into and out of central London, public transport, come the weekend we'd often be too shagged to bestir ourselves and head in for the culture and touristy stuff. We'd do something local, a stroll to the common, pub lunch, meet friends for beers, Clapham picture House etc...maybe even a barbie in the tiny garden...weather permitting.
    Go anywhere as a tourist, well it really should always be fun otherwise you'd choose, go somewhere else. Plus you've generally accepted it's going to cost you whatever, holiday/ short break mindset takes over...''you change your chip'' as a good Spanish friend of mine puts it so well
    Hybrid working has had a big impact on the monotony of the commuting you describe. It's a lot less stressful these days

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Hybrid working has had a big impact on the monotony of the commuting you describe. It's a lot less stressful these days

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    True I guess, after my time, mostly I / we were in and out of Soho adjacent, Poland St, Lexington St, Carnaby, round there abouts, later the Kings Rd for me...re monotony, spending 10 hours a day alone in a space the size of some gaol cells, doesn't sound all that in fairness,,,just an observation, not blackguarding or besmirching it as a work/ life choice for anyone else.
    Last edited by Passenger; 29th March 2024 at 23:07.