closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cost of your first pint when & where

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Pub drinking before i was 18 but a pint of Simonds or 6X back in the day was 85p

Oh 6X , a favourite , used to live about 3 miles west of Devizes and small woodenbarrels ( pins, I think) of that stuff from the Barge at Seend,were the mainstay of many parties.

Master
    Bulls Head Ravensthorpe, Carling @ 76p 1985, aged 17. At the time i was earning a pound an hour so i made it last.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Oh 6X , a favourite , used to live about 3 miles west of Devizes and small woodenbarrels ( pins, I think) of that stuff from the Barge at Seend,were the mainstay of many parties.
    Has to be served right though…it differs hugely from pub to pub, found if it wasn't chilled enough it was quite acidic. My uncle was a connoisseur and only drank it from the Foxham inn. When i say drink i mean drowned in the stuff.

Master
    Cracking pub that, went back recently.

My first pint? Mmm, bit naughty I think. I was a 17 yr old police cadet on our way back from an athletics meeting. In a personnel carrier, the Inspector stopped at the Durham Ox in Northallerton as he 'knew' the Landlord who treat us all (8 of us) to a beer in a private room.
    Free beer! in uniform, under age! Can't say I enjoyed the taste much then.😁

Age 16 in the Top Alex, Southend. Whatever the Ind Coope bitter before John Bull was (Double Diamond?). About 50p from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Ain't got a clue how much coz the builder lads bought me a tennants extra. Don't remember much after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Lethal stuff that was
    Tenents Super was the park bench favorite.

Master
    Had lunch at the Barge only a week or two ago.

Probably a pint of Directors at the Rainbow in Allesley. Cost no idea, less than £1

I remember it well - 'The Jolly Miller' on Queens Drive, nr West Derby Village sometime around Christmas 1979.

A pint of brown/bitter was around 30-35p IIRC- a half of Higsons best bitter and a bottle of Manns brown ale.

Lovely, and I still choose a dark beer when available.

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    IHigsons best bitter.
    Higsons p1ss as I fondly remember it. My old man used to bring a bottle of Mackies home for my mum at closing time.

The Musketeer in Banbury. Free as my sister worked behind the bar. Bass bitter. I think the going rate was about 80p a pint at the time.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    About 1986… approx 95p or so I think….would've been for a pint of shit lager. No idea what pub.

Blog Entries
    1983 in the Mountblow bar , can’t remember exactly but definitely under a quid .

1975, a pint of Double Diamond for 22p.
    The Concorde, local disco pub in Ilkeston Derbyshire.
    When I was low on funds it would be Hardy & Hansons mild at 19p.

1shilling and 10 pence, Brew 10, Vikings Goole, Nov 1970, iirc it was Saturday Soul Night.

House draught lager at an Enlisted Man's Club at Camp Pendletion (USMC) California in June of 1966.

$0.10