closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi all,gave this old girl an annual service yesterday,followed by a run out around the local villages,shes a 1948 BSA c11 250cc.shes urestored but in good mechanical order.got my old Bonneville on the lift now for the same treatment over Easter...
    I love that, I keep going back to a C11 that’s for sale but I’m apprehensive, never having had an old Brit bike before the running and maintenance does make me think twice. I’m not hugely experienced but willing to get involved.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I love that, I keep going back to a C11 that’s for sale but I’m apprehensive, never having had an old Brit bike before the running and maintenance does make me think twice. I’m not hugely experienced but willing to get involved.
    I had a 1961 BSA SS80. ( C15 with a high conp engine) It was my second Brit bike the first was maybe 40 yrs ago and that one blew up.

There is a comprehensive range of suppliers who make parts for 1950’s 60’s Beeza’s. Companies like Draganfly can provide most parts. Plus the bay has everything too. Mine was completely rebuilt in 1991 then stored so I in essence re commissioned it. They are very easy to work on , no electronics or interlocks just battery switches coil points and a plug.

Lots of owners convert C11 & C15’s to 12V this aids starting and allows electronic ignition to be fitted.

Plus side the ride is immersive and enjoyable, they vibrate a lot so any diy fettling should be aimed at keeping things on the bike that are screwed to the bike. As above the wiring is straightforward, just make sure its not damaged or exposed.

Ive posted this video before on here , but this just sums up Brit bike ownership to me.

Just listen to the mechanical cacophony of metal on metal as it rumbles up the lanes. Especially noticable at 2:18” when it hits 50 mph ;)

https://youtu.be/bvoxb2MW_9s?si=4CQSNzL0udjhCf4X
    Last edited by higham5; 30th March 2024 at 19:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    you cant go far wrong with a c11,all parts are available and they are very simple basic machines,i have owned my old beastie since 1989 the only real repair i have had to do was replace the dynamo with a spare one because it stopped charging.that said i have put very little miles on her over the years.suprisingly it has enough poke to keep with B road traffic ,only real drawback is the brakes .they are all they should be but are very poor by todays standards and i ride her accordingly..i have bigger brits but find this little bike very enjoyable to have a run out on.
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 30th March 2024 at 20:43.