closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London Surprised How Nice

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Never been to Berlin but from what I’ve heard if you’ve been to Istanbul you’ve been to Berlin.
    Not your finest post here.
    I agree with Paw regarding the «*feel*» of the city but let’s not forget that a) it was mostly flattened about 80 years ago and b) German cities are more modest than their catholic/anglican counterparts.
    I haven’t been to Berlin for almost 20 years but I too rate it as one of my favourite cities.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I agree with Paw regarding the «*feel*» of the city but let’s not forget that a) it was mostly flattened about 80 years ago and b) German cities are more modest than their catholic/anglican counterparts.
    I haven’t been to Berlin for almost 20 years but I too rate it as one of my favourite cities.
    Relax, no different than an Irish in Cricklewood comment

Relax, no different than an Irish in Cricklewood comment
    A little bit racist that comment and we would not use the Cricklewood statement either outside of the 70/80s.

Saying that, there are copious numbers of excellent Doner places as well as plenty of Irish pubs dotted around as well!

"Big city" isn't for me, but I had to acknowledge and appreciate all the posts by STEPTOE on a bike forum that many here are on.............

All the venues he goes to, the people he has met, the eateries he goes to................ Surprised he has time to ride a bike.

All in all - it suits him to a T, and to be honest - sounds good to me, for a while at least................

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    A little bit racist that comment and we would not use the Cricklewood statement either outside of the 70/80s.

Saying that, there are copious numbers of excellent Doner places as well as plenty of Irish pubs dotted around as well!
    I only have one aunt left in Kilburn and she lives about 400 metres away from one of my friends who works at a hedge fund. All the rest who sold up 20+ years ago made an awful financial decision. Could have retired now but still doing physical work.

The Cricklewood McDonald’s on a Friday night is like a wildlife documentary.

Don’t forget the reason NW2 was packed with Irish.

I only have one aunt left in Kilburn and she lives about 400 metres away from one of my friends who works at a hedge fund. All the rest who sold up 20+ years ago made an awful financial decision. Could have retired now but still doing physical work.

The Cricklewood McDonald’s on a Friday night is like a wildlife documentary.

Don’t forget the reason NW2 was packed with Irish.

It wasn’t just NW2. Many immigrants and workers has settled in numerous boroughs across London over many hundreds of years. In the years I lived in London, we had also prominent Irish communities in W5 and W7 as well as large Polish communities. As they moved out, they have been slowly replaced by South Asian populations moving out from Southall and Hayes.

London is a melting pot of multiculturalism which adds to its wealth of offerings!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    So were large parts of London.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Indeed. Most historic buildings survived though, not thanks to the opposite side.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    But to the same degree in proportion of city. Plus London did not have fighting in the streets as Berlin did. There are some amazing videos on YouTube showing the the devastation, much like we are seeing in Gaza today scarily!

Berlin is perfect for a city breaks as small and easy enough to get around and see all the major sites in a long weekend but comes alive once you move away from WWII history and explore its many canals, lakes and forests with their obligatory bier gardens!