closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SIPP's and tracker funds

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
    off the back of this i looked into the compositon of my index tracker, the vanguard world index (VWRP). i'd been thinking about shifting more to the US, but on checking VWRP seems to be 66% US already! guess i don't need more exposure...
    Aye most World Trackers are US dominated because the US dominates world markets ... what's your thinking about wanting more US focus??? Currently at all time highs ...

I did some analysis on this in post #21 https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post6372260

yes, but as warren buffett says, there's never been a good time to bet against the S&P.
    i dunno, i realise valuations are high but on a 5-10 year horizon im not sure there's a better bet...

Master
    Blog Entries
    yes, but as warren buffett says, there's never been a good time to bet against the S&P.
    i dunno, i realise valuations are high but on a 5-10 year horizon im not sure there's a better bet...
    True, he also says buy low sell high ...

Master
    I prefer 'buy high, sell higher'. Cheap usually remains cheap for much longer than anyone expects and you just pay opportunity cost.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    I prefer 'buy high, sell higher'. Cheap usually remains cheap for much longer than anyone expects and you just pay opportunity cost.
    Yep, that works too ... just buy high sell low you need to avoid ...

i feel i have zero ability to time the market. after 2008 i remember people telling me there was way more volatility still to come, which at the time seemed very plausible. i parked a lot of savings in cash and missed a lot of the huge bull run that followed.
    it almost feels like theres a huge backstop to markets now, because central banks have shown that if anything really massive/systemic happens, they will cut rates and/or use QE to bail everything out

Master
    Blog Entries
    i feel i have zero ability to time the market.
    So do we all ... if we could do that with any reliability we'd all be minted ... it's difficult and most fund managers can't do it so there is no reason to think I could ... I have tried ... I'm on a 2 win 1 loss attempt and I'm not doing it any more ... last one was painful ...